• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Altered Melee] Rapid Duel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Rapid Duel
Current version 1.3

About:

This is very small map. It's perfect for quick matches between two players. Only different things from other melee maps are that this one includes "peace timer". A gate is blocking a path between players for 3 minutes so they can get ready. There are also training dummies - heroes get experience from them.

DvWruTH.jpg

AoMFO7k.gif

Version 1.3 changelog:

- Added training dummies
- New loading and preview screen

Known bugs in 1.3:

None so far :thumbs_up:

Version 1.0
- Map created

Version 1.1
- Added gate which will open after 2 minutes
- Added short war music

Version 1.2.1
- Added creeps
- Reworked some parts of map
- Changed peace timer from 2 to 3 minutes

Version 1.2.2
- Creeps now drop random items equal to their level
- Creeps don't suddenly attack from now so they don't bother players while building second base

Version 1.2.3

- Fixed creeps-don't-fight bug
- Added short ingame message

Nothing special in this one.

Actual to-do list:

- Rework terrain
- Reduce map size
- Make creeps respawn (?)

I'd welcome all HONEST opinions. I can take criticism.

Download:

From EpicWar.com.
From Nibbits.com.

Or directly from this thread:

Attachments

• Rapid Duel 1.2.1.w3m
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • Rapid Duel 1.2.2.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • Rapid Duel 1.2.3.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • Rapid Duel 1.3.w3x
    3.3 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Level 25
It looks ok, and quite fun to play.
You should use the raise tool at the trees a bit, to create some hills. And vary the terrain a bit more, right now it's mostly rough terrain in the middle with grass on the sides.

Creep camps should be set to 200, do this by selecting them and press enter and set Target Acquisition Range to 200. They should also drop a random item for their level.

Add trees in the shadows, you can disable shadows by pressing 'S' in the editor, as right now there are trees and at the back of the trees there are no trees.

Keep it up!

Level 3
It looks ok, and quite fun to play.
You should use the raise tool at the trees a bit, to create some hills. And vary the terrain a bit more, right now it's mostly rough terrain in the middle with grass on the sides.

Creep camps should be set to 200, do this by selecting them and press enter and set Target Acquisition Range to 200. They should also drop a random item for their level.

Add trees in the shadows, you can disable shadows by pressing 'S' in the editor, as right now there are trees and at the back of the trees there are no trees.

Keep it up!

I've set item drops using item tables, but the map now requires TFT. Is there any way how to easily set drops without tables? Most people probably already have TFT, but I'd like to keep it for RoF too.

EDIT: Thread updated.

Last edited:
Level 3
I don't have much time to work on this map because of school, but I really want to finish it.

Is there anyone good in terrain editor, who could rework the whole map and make it prettier? Yet, I cannot offer any reward, except that I could mention you at the loading screen.

(Also this works like a bump ;) )

Level 3
Looking at the pictures above, there are ways the players can bypass the gate. The players can kill the trees and make a detour. There's also flying units.

I know about that, but they're not able to do it in first 3 minutes, before the gate opens (at least no one bypassed it yet).

I wanted people to be able to get into the enemy base in other ways than over the bridge. That's why there are these trees. There should be more ways to get to enemy, but not in early game.

Sorry for my English.

Status
Not open for further replies.