• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

range problem (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i know there were a lot of topics with range problems but i didn't find exactly answer to my question with search of past threads.

i need an item that increases range of a unit, so not permanently, but as long as unit carries that item.

if it's necessary to use triggers please show me how

Level 33
You CAN increase Unit's Range of Attack (use Upgrade, Long Rifle) but you can't REVERSE the effect
As seen in DotA game (if you play, you will know this)
Enchantress can get a Scepter right ?
The effect on her is +her range of attack
Once bought Scepter in her item list, you CANNOT drop the item
This shows that the process is IRREVERSIBLE

Level 3
ya, I need something like that too. I'm making a shooter deathmatch map where there is a sniper rifle that gives very long range. Maybe we can give the unit 1800 attack range but only give it like 600 range of Sight, so it can only shoot so far, but then you increase its range of sight through the item so the "range" increases.

Level 3
agreed. btw defskull, I used a dummy spell for "shooting", but I can't seem to get the right triggers for an ammo count. I can do the triggers for reloading but can you help me with creating the ammo count trigger?

Level 3
problem is I am only limited to the 2 ranges of attack 1 and attack 2 of that unit, say 125 (melee) and 600 (ranged), I cant just add say another 120 to the 600 ranged attack

Status
Not open for further replies.