• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Range Motion Buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i THINK it is how much effect there is on a ranged projectile (e.g, mortar teams attack, its effect is the small fire behind the rocket, editing it will increase and decrease how much of this effect there is. but i'm not sure. if you really want to find out badly then make a test map, make 4 units, 2 target units (99999999hp) and that will not move. and 2 attacking units. and edit the buffer for each one (e.g one has 10 rmb, other has 99999999999999 rmb) and study the the attacks. try it out. ;)

Level 6
I believe that it means the range will be increased by "rmb" when the target moves out of the attacking range.

Imagine this: Unit A has 1500 range and 600 rmb
Now unit B enters the 1500 mark and is attacked. Now it tries to flee, and flees up to range 1740 which actually is out of the attack range of the unit A. Still, unit A may attack unit B, becouse its rmb and range make 2100 together, so the actual range would be 2100.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that's what it does. Hth, Davey

Level 6
SerraAvenger is closest to the answer.

Range Motion Buffer is how far away a unit have to run to make a Normal or Instant-type attack against it miss. Missile and Artillery-type attacks are unaffected by RMB. The RMB of spells is 300 but can be changed in the Gameplay Constants.

For example, if the attacker's range is 100, and RMB 150, the attacked will have to be more than 250 units away from the attacker for the strike to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.