• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Random Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Random Unit Brawl
Proud to announce a stable version of Random Unit Brawl! Version 1.26!

Game description

Each player receives a custom made random unit. Utilize your unit to get points by killing enemy units in an arena type map. Killing, attacking, casting spells, collecting gold power ups and each new round gives gold. You can spend your gold on permanent upgrades or buy temporary goodies from the shops. If you die in deathmatch you'll receive a new unit after 10 seconds.

Current progress

4 maps to choose from or pick randomized
49 unique units to be dealt
3 game modes
Deathmatch
15 upgrades
Items
Power Ups
Map events (example for map 1 is trolls that net players when they run on an outskirt tactical escape route on the map)

Goals
My goal is to achieve a rng but fairly balanced random unit with a chance to gain some success with whichever unit you receive in a unique and fun way. I would also like the game to feel like it progresses and that you have a chance to impact the units you receive in a meaningful way. Skill based spells would be cheap but hard to pull of and plenty to use to encourage confrontations. It should be fast paced and hinder boredom for dead players.

What the fuck am I doing now?
Making all units more unique and interesting to play. 36/49 units have been changed so far.
Increasing progression and choice in the game.

Credits
Senkin: Multiboard tutorial
PurgeandFire, Jesus4Lyf: MoveSpeedX for GUI v1.1.0.0
Child_0f_Bodom: Hidden Resources in WE (with screenshots!)
h3ih02: Color Tags And Linebreaks tutorial
noob: Hidden resource icons
Iyzz_Fryzz: More hidden icons
Mc !: Icons
Darkfang: Icons
stan0033: 1/4 healthbar
Ralle: Basic Memory Leaks, Things That Leak
Dinah(Random Unit Reloaded): Credited me on original map
Sage(Random Units RUS): Credited me on original map
TowerPowerNerf: Maptester, announcer sounds
Rombagog: Maptester
hiveworkshop.com
world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net
wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/WC3_Icons/Icon_List

I strongly recommend always playing the latest version!

Attachments

• Random Unit v1.01.w3x
    607.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Level 19
I believe there is already a random unit map on hive but it ended up being about using items to annihilate opponents.
There are many random unit maps. This one is mine. So is this Random Unit2.10 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com
Imagine my surprise when I saw another version of my shit map on WC3 years later. Therefor I believe it has a greater potential than what has been seen and I wish to achieve the near fullest of that potential. What did you enjoy/dislike with that random unit map?

Level 9
I've played several Units Wars. I already made mine. At the time it was fun. But I never had one that I played that was successful.
I know heroes in the main are preferred. But non-hero units have their exclusivities I think are the upgrades.
I like heroes for pvp, etc. more for RPG.
And units for RTS, pvp, etc.

I still want to find in public Cool and Successful Units Wars or make my own, that of success.

I have not tested your map yet. But I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.