1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Raise Skeleton Skill

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by nickba, May 12, 2009.

1. nickba

nickba

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In my RPG necro has a skill that takes a dead unit and summons a Skeleton (the w3 classic skill).The problem is that the old unit does not revive.
    How can i fix it or how can i make a custom spell like this?

2. QueenOfOblivion

QueenOfOblivion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unit does not revive? since when does Raise Skeletons revive units? anyway you could pick a random dead unit within the area and replace it, change owner and add a timer

3. Silvenon

Silvenon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What do you mean by "the old unit does not revive"?

If you want to make corpses not disappear, there is probably an option in the Gameplay Constants (in Advanced). If not, then in the Object Editor.

4. nickba

nickba

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am using a revive system.With old unit I mean the unit that has died.

5. Coolty44

Coolty44

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Becuase raise dead destroys the corpse, making it un-usable. You might wanna look at your revive system better, unless you wanna trigger raise dead.

6. Lord_BoNes

Lord_BoNes

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd say that triggering raise dead is your only answer. Create a duplicate of the corpse, leaving the old one where it is... you could even set it to 100% transparency, so it looks gone (just make your revive system set transparency to 0% when it revives). After you've "revived" just give it the raise dead buff. Just make sure you set "raised units" in your ability to 0, or the unit will be raised anyways. :thumbs_up: