• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rain of Chaos/Fire Changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys,

We all know the Rain of Chaos and Rain of Fire spells....

well...I'm trying to turn the rain of fire meteors into rain of chaos meteors...but can't figure out how...

Even if you can tell me how to stop the infernos from spawning in Rain o Chaos i could even mod that to suit my needs...

Thanks in advance :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The reasony 0 is infinity is due to the way WC3 handles timing. Basically, a delay of 0 is impossiable as the timing system in WC3 seems not to like delays of 0 much as they are impossiable to fufil. If you set the delay even to the smallest quantity above 0, there will be some delay thus the timing system will execute correctly. Timers in JASS do not share this behavious, as even with a delay of 0, there is a delay between executes and cap to number of executes per second. A true repeting timer with 0 delay should result in a total game crash as it will eat 100% of CPU time indefinatly.

Level 12
A true repeting timer with 0 delay should result in a total game crash as it will eat 100% of CPU time indefinatly.

Well, I accidentally set Damage Interval in Acid bomb to 0, which should crash the game like you said, but it only slowed the game very much (~0.25 DPS). I didn't use a counter to see how many times it actually executed, but I can surely say it wasn't infinite. So there may be some limit for executing one timer per frame.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Does WC3 work in frames? The FPS you see when you type /fps are the render frames per second, which is not linked to the engine at all.

Like I said, their timer system they use eithor uses 0 as indefinatly for once off events, or else uses 0 as minimum delay, which is still a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.