• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Rain of Chaos Command Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, I was wanting to have a dummy unit perform a custom Rain of Chaos spell, in effect creating a mix of Tranquility & Rain of Chaos into some sort of "holy armageddon" as the hero channels, calling down beams of light.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with the command issued to tell the dummy unit to start casting the RoC.

I've made sure that the ability is the Archemonde version, to align with the string. There is no mana cost, there's infinite range. The unit has 1 movement speed, so it can be ordered.

It does have Locust & it is a flying unit, but this hasn't given me trouble in the past when trying to order different abilities to the unit.

What exactly seems like it could be the issue?

Level 14
Possible Reasons:
1) Wrong order string.
I tested
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos (Center of (Playable map area))
and it doesn't work. The problem lies in the order string for Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos. It turns out to be "rainoffire."
You'll need to issue "rainofchaos" instead. This can be done with custom script:
  • Custom script: call IssuePointOrder( GetTriggerUnit(), "rainofchaos", GetSpellTargetX(),GetSpellTargetY())
2) Dummy unit doesn't have enough mana to cast ability.
3) Dummy unit is removed too fast that it doesn't have enough time to cast the ability.
4) Dummy unit doesn't have the ability.

Level 4
Sorry, I'm slightly oblivious when it comes to script.

Will that order the dummy to cast it on the casting hero's position?

Level 14
  • Custom script: call IssuePointOrder( GetTriggerUnit(), "rainofchaos", GetSpellTargetX(),GetSpellTargetY())
won't as it was just an example. It would have ordered the triggering unit (like the casting unit) to "Rain of Chaos" the spell's target coordinates.

Something like
  • Custom script: call IssuePointOrder( MyDummyUnit, "rainofchaos",GetUnitX(MyHero),GetUnitY(MyHero))
would.
If you assigned a global variable to your dummy unit, replace MyDummyUnit with udg_ + the name of the variable. If not, you're probably using last created unit to refer to it, so use bj_lastCreatedUnit.

Replace MyHero with however you're referring to the hero. (Global variable or GetTriggerUnit(). Remember the udg_ prefix.)

Level 4
Sorry, I'm slightly clueless when it comes to this.

Is there a tutorial that would be of use so I could learn the language?

+REP btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.