• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Raids on Dungeons:Elemental Kingdoms

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Third person RPG Dungeon map with my different bosses and several heroes.

I only used model that were already in Warcraft 3 World Editor.
I created this map by myself for fun just to see am I any good at this.

Keywords:
RPG,Elements,Dungeon
Contents

Raids on Dungeons:Elemental Kingdoms (Map)

Reviews
02:07, 12th Jul 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 28
I created this map by myself for fun just to see am I any good at this.
Does that mean this is your first actual map?
Because that would mean you're better than about half the newbs I see here in the maps section.

Still, if you want to continue this: you've got a very long way to go.
I'll try to keep this post as short as I can.

The terrain needs to be more natural. Don't use different tiles as borders, but create a transition between different tiles. You should also use more tileset types in the first place: grass alone isn't good enough, but grass with a some grassy dirt, lumpy grass and dark grass can create a nice forest-environment.
Once you get the tiles right, you can go place environmental doodads to make it look good and less empty.
Oh, and never use cinematic doodads (fire, lightning and whatever).

The triggers are typical for newbs, they're bad.
Here's an example:

• unit cam
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Soul 0037 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
  • unit cam Copy
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 2 (Blue) to Soul 0036 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
  • unit cam Copy 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 3 (Teal) to Soul 0035 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
... and 3 more of those.

Here's a possibly, simple fix:
  • unit cam
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Soul 0037 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 2 (Blue) to Soul 0036 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 3 (Teal) to Soul 0035 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 4 (Purple) to Soul 0034 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 5 (Yellow) to Soul 0033 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 6 (Orange) to Soul 0005 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
And here's a more advanced, but better fix:
  • unit cam
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked player) controller) Equal to User
              • ((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
              • Set tempLoc = ((Picked player) start location)
              • Unit - Create 1 Soul for Player 1 (Red) at tempLoc facing 0.00 degrees
              • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Last created unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc)
            • Else - Actions
Don't mind the "Set tempLoc = ..." and "Custom script: ..." yet.
Those are for removing leaks (for your information: leaks are one of the main causes of a slow performance).
But this trigger should become basic at a certain point. You shouldn't bother with anything more simple than that (to achieve the same thing).

Objects actually surprised me in a way.
You put all bosses and all heroes together in the same race/category, something I keep telling newbs to do, but you did that naturally. That's good.
The rest is kind-of standard: 151-151 damage instead of 150-150 (which requires you to set the damage to 149 and both dices to 1).
Well, objects are all right I guess...

Game is only adjusted to full house, so you cannot play this alone.

The map isn't good enough to be accepted here, but not too shabby for a first try.