• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Raid Conquest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: -Kobas-
Linkcube presents

Raid Conquest
Created by Linkcube

Map Info:

This is a dungeon crawl map that is based off of the molten core raid bosses from wow, and a couple that have been added in lieu of other boss fights. This goes from the very first encounter in Blackrock Mountain, to the very depths of the elemental lords domain. The monsters encountered in the core require that all players use teamwork, and follow the fights carefully to defeat the boss, and get their loot.

Features:

The entire game contains armor sets, misc loot, and is all done by GUI:
-Contains original vanilla wow sets from dungeon set 1, to tier 2
-Has spell damage or healing for higher levels of gear, that allow additional benefits to spells
-Later boss fights contain complexities, such as phases or adds to be off-tanked
-10 heroes for each hero to control, and play their part

Some other stuff about map:

This map does take a long time, even with a full group, and will take on average about 3-5 hours to complete.

Screenshots and Videos:

19564_1301374905323_1558951233_762746_6863902_n.jpg

19564_1301374985325_1558951233_762748_7025245_n.jpg

19564_1301375185330_1558951233_762753_2763242_n.jpg

19564_1301371145229_1558951233_762728_5970389_n.jpg

Image Description:
none yet

185870-albums2961-xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Change Log:

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Just_Spectating - For the weapon/armor limitation trigger
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN - For about half of the imported icons
  • Weep - For the damage detection system

Models:
  • Dark Hunter1357
  • jigrael
  • Mc !
  • General Frank
Icons:
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • LiOneSS
  • Elenai
  • Elfsilver Lord
  • Juan_Ann
  • KelThuzad
  • mortal
  • SkriK
Tutorials/Systems:
  • -Kobas-

Added:
  • Game released!
  • Got comments

Added:
  1. Credits are complete!
  2. Mixed the terrain better
  3. added some more doodads to help the atmosphere
  4. Changed the loading screen to something decent
  5. Changed it so that the players now choose the heroes
  6. Fixed tool tips for heroes

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
molten core, world of warcraft, wow, dungeon, crawl
Contents

Raid Conquest (Map)

Reviews
17:55, 3rd Sep 2010 Cweener: Rejected (until updated) Post. 13:08, 5th Sep 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected There is too much to improve, setting it to needs fix would not be correct here, as you'll just update it with only very few changes while it...

M

17:55, 3rd Sep 2010
Cweener: Rejected (until updated)
Post.

13:08, 5th Sep 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected
There is too much to improve, setting it to needs fix would not be correct here, as you'll just update it with only very few changes while it needs a complete make-over.

Better description please. Gonna check.

Edit: Blend more tilesets into terrain because right now it looks too plain and this map needs more polishing. Also, I think you should be able to pick your classes because it is kind of gay if you can't. Also all units should start at level one not level three. I recommend that you add a warcraft 3 map preview image and loading screen too to get more downloads.

Overall: Current state is rejection just do what I say and it will maybe just get out of the rejection zone.

Edit: Much better description. =O

Last edited:
Level 2
ok, ill be working on it, though the level 3 helps a lot since when i was testing it, it would seem to hard to do the second boss w/his crits. Ill be working out the class choice as the last thing to your other comments

Description is improved, I reported that to moderator!
As soon as he set your map back to pending more users will be able to check it and give their suggestions :thumbs_up:

Also change that "User who uploaded this Presents" to your name!
I used that there because of possibility of different names!
Example: Created by Linkcube ; Uploaded by: linkcube
One is with low L another with normal one :D

Level 6
Brief overview:

• Triggers leak on massive levels.
  • Poor tooltips especially for the heroes. Their tooltips were just wrong.
  • Improper icon DISBTNs
  • Terrain is boring in areas and lacking doodads in others
  • Cameras in opening cinematic don't really make sense in places...

Rejection. 2/5

Level 28
@ Cweener, is good that you rate the map too, some moderators don't even try to rate the map.
That'd be me.
I only give ratings when I do a full review, because if I just look at the map in a very basic way, there will be things I am neglecting or didn't see in the first place, these things can change the overall rating significantly.
I dislike rating a map for such short 'reviews', with only a basic list of information, as it is not nearly enough to come to a complete overview of the map in my eyes.
Got a problem with that?

Basic overview:
  • Tooltips are incorrect (e.g.: Rogue: "Level 1: 500 damage per unit / Level 2: 125 damage per unit").
    Additionally, they could use some major improvements to the layout and structure of ALL tooltips (especially the item tooltips).
  • The game only supports full house playability, add an automated difficulty setting in addition to a manual option setting.
  • You still didn't add DISBTN's.
  • Terrain consists out of blizzard cliffs without anything to 'enhance' it, the lava should contain doodads, the rivers should be made with the raise/lower-tool, the walls shouldn't be blizzard cliffs, you must improve the tileset variations and place more environmental doodads where due.
  • The deathmist mask is free.
  • Change all the item's positions so they are more structured (makes it easier for the players).
  • Remove all "Do Nothing"s, fix all memory leaks, combine a lot of triggers. Basically, redo all triggers - there's so much to improve that it'd be easier to just remake them from scratch.

Permanently rejected (yes, no rating).

Level 2
thanks for the full review ap0calypse, this was my first time to make a map and now I know all the problems :p, going to try and do that full makeover for it and fix everything as much as possible, thanks for all the feedback on this, may just go to the forums for testing and release after it's actually up to standards