• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Raid The Town Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I need some people to beta-test my map, Raid the Town.
Basically what you do is you choose your class, and kill everything in the town. More detailed instructions are in the Quest Log.
I will personally give reputation to anyone who both:
1. Tests the map.
2. Gives me ideas/constructive criticism.
But there is a catch. I have to use your idea(s) to change the map.
Also you will be added to the credits in the quest log.

How to play:
1. Choose a class.
2. Run past the Stampeding footmen by hiding behind obstacles and dodging until you get to the end.
3. Kill the guards, priests, bosses in the town.
4. Find all of the hidden items.
5. Kill the final boss.

[FONT="]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]Class descriptions:[/FONT]
[FONT="]
[/FONT]
Warrior:[FONT="]
[/FONT]
Health: 6.
---------------------------------------------
Spells:
Attack: 1 damage.
Heroic Strike: 2 damage
Shield Bash: 6 second duration.
Mana Spell:
Charge.
------------------------------------------------
Does not regenerate mana, has to kill to get mana.
[FONT="]

[/FONT]Warlock:[FONT="]
[/FONT]
Health: 3.
Spells:
Life Drain: 1 health.
Shadow Bolt: 1 damage.
Mana Spell:
Summon Fel Guard.
[FONT="]

[/FONT]Shaman:[FONT="]
[/FONT]
Health: 4.
-----------------------------------
Spells:
Lightning Bolt: 1 damage.
Create Ankh of Reincarnation: 120 second cooldown.
Mana Spell:
Fire Totem.
[FONT="]

[/FONT]Priest:[FONT="]
[/FONT]
Spells:
Heal: 1 hp.
Smite: 1 damage.
Mana Spell:
Divine Protection: 45 second cooldown.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Heal has a 20 mana cost. Priest has 150 mana instead of 100 and a slightly faster regeneration rate.
[FONT="]

[/FONT]Hunter:[FONT="]
[/FONT]
Spells:
Power Shot: 2 damage.
Ensnare: 10 seconds.
Mana Spell:
Summon Pet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: You may now choose the Priest class.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check the last comment created by me for the newest version.

Last edited:
Level 3
sounds sexy, ill try it. also, add a DESCRIPTION! (yay map cred!) what i mean by description is use the DETAILED DESCRIPTION on here. but still, ill try it.

Level 3
I already teset the map and i found some fault

like:
~Shaman skill that he can make ankh.. i think it makes the game too easy
maybe shaman can make the potion or something better
~The trees can grown up at the king's room !!!
i put my fire totem outside and the tree spawn the totem will hit the king and tada the game end.

I think about the game is very nice....
i allready try grunt shaman and hunter...
yeah nice game

just fix the bug and hopes it can be a good game

Level 6
Thanks for the feedback. Here is my response.
1. The Ankh of reincarnation is kind of overpowered, but I was trying to stick to how Blizzard did it in WoW. What I will do is increase the cooldown from 120 to 180 seconds.
2. The trees are supposed to regrow. Once someone gets close to the king the trees regrow so you can't run away and heal. The trees growing back may be a bad thing if you have a rusher. I think I'll make it so that when the trees regrow all players will be teleported to the entrance of the king's room.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
-Made the Shaman's Ankh of Reincarnation spell have a 180 second cooldown instead of a 120 second cooldown.
-Made it so when one player enters the king room, all players are teleported into it.
-Added Hive Member "Evils" to the credits as a beta tester. +rep!

Level 4
Hey I just tested your map briefly and I did notice some faults on it too, besides of the concept being a great idea

Negatives

- The terrain is pretty bland, I know its just a test but I hope for the future you do add some more of an environment feel too it such as adding environment doodad and props. Changing the elevation of the town, and using the terrain palette a little more.

---Concluding with---

The town is a bit squished maybe spacing it out more and decorating it more could give it a better appeal.

- Since the raiders don't have an auto attack, I find just making all the spells that you have with their hot keys a little closer. Maybe by default you could use Z, X, C, V instead of the method you have right now. (Just a comfort thing I find)

---Concluding with---

The guards have it pretty easy to attack you with their fast attack speed maybe reduce their attack speed.

- The spells could use a bit more elaboration and you could use heroes instead of units. For an example of slight elaboration the warlocks shadow bolt could deal initial damage along with damage per second, or you could give the warrior a passive spell where if he kills a unit his nearby allys gain a health bonus. (Just litttle things like that)

- I really dont understand the purpose of this (the bag)

Whatsthepurpose.jpg

I just find it makes the map look a bit sloppy.

- The models you've imported are good, but there's nothing wrong with using the wc3 model. I just find the shaman model looks a bit ridiculous.

- The idea of making the commander send swarm of units in the beginning is a cool idea, but it just looks very weird. Maybe you can use catapults instead?

Positive

- Very good way of incorporating the game play of doing something different.

- Concept is great, just needs a bit more elaboration.

---Ideas---

- Giving the units or heroes if you choose to different skill sets such as if someone is using the warrior class to be defensive or offensive. Or the priest to be shadow or holy. Of course with good and positive things about it, such as being defensive warrior gives you more health and armor while being a offensive warrior will increase your damage from being a defensive warrior.

- You could possibly make two towns (which two teams will be in play) and there could be different scenarios for the map as in a mode where which team can kill all the buildings faster, or which team can kill the most units.

Level 6
Thanks again. Here is my response.
1. I'm not a good terrainer.
2. Now that you mention it i do see the town is kind of squished.
3. Hotkeys changed to Z for attack, X for damaging spell, C for support spell, and V for mana spell.
4. Attack speed of guards changed from 2.50 second cooldown to 3.00 seconds.
5. The bag has been removed. I origionally wanted to make the empty inventory slots with that icon, but I forgot about it being there too.
6. The imported shaman model isnt really any different from the origional. Removed. This saved my map about 300 kbs. of space.
7. The catapults idea is a good one, but it would be harder to dodge and then also I'd probably have to make a wall for the catapult to sit on top of. Since wc3 has no wall model good enough to actually defend anything I'd have to import another model. I'll think about it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
1. All spell hotkeys have been changed to be near each other for easier use.
2. The attack speed of guards has been reduced.
3. The bag icon that shows up when selecting certain units has been removed.
4. Replaced the imported shaman model with the origional one.
5. Added Killzerker to the credits as a beta tester. +rep!

Last edited:
Level 15
I tested it as singleplayer,so i didnt really beat it, but here's what i think:

[+]
-Good idea, nice concept
-I understand it's meant for teamplay, GREAT i say, i don't like when someone can level their hero to the max and solo things.

[-](Bugs, improvements)
-I think you should change the hotkeys a bit (from my liking that is) to ZXCV for when it comes. Z=The damage spell, X=The attack etc etc in order.
-When the Hunters wolf died, it said "You have been killed etc etc".
-I know it's a beta, but it need more;
- More classes, example some kind of tanking class
- The map needs to be bigger, with more events and such.
- The city could use some improvements for a later vers, i would like to see a town with streets and patrolling guards, instead of just a right-forward raid to a line city :wink:
- Terrain needs some work ^^
- At the Stampede guy, the Stampede spell doesn't end when you made it to the "Get Here!". It keeps going a few secs, which might be your purpose, but right now you can be tricked and like "Ohh i made it, now i can relax"" then ure dead. :p
- Lumber and Food icons are currently green ingame. Also some icons in the game were bigger than the frame.

Level 6
Update

Thanks. Here is my response.
1. The hotkeys... I may make something that allows you to choose what hotkey type you want. EX:
Origional: Z attack, X damage spell, C support spell, V mana spell.
Damage: Z damage spell. X attack, C support spell, V mana spell.
Spellcaster: Z mana spell, X Support Spell, C damage spell, Z attack.
ETC.
2. That bug has been fixed.
3. Well... the warrior is meant as the tanking class... he has 6 hp.
4. More events? You mean like after dodging the footmen you have to dodge like... catapults or something? More bosses?
5. New City, check the screenshot!
6. The stampede spell itself turns off when you reach that point. But there's still some remainder. I think I'll change what it says once you enter that area.
7. Icons fixed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
1. It now only says you died if YOU actually died, not your pet/summon.
2. Town has been completely re-done. Check out the screenshot below.
3. Changed what it says once you get past the stampede master.
4. The green gold/lumber icons have been fixed.
5. A palace has been added. Screenshot for that also.
6. Revolve has been added to the credits as a beta tester. +rep!

Attachments

• Raid the Town Screenshot 2.JPG
    Raid the Town Screenshot 2.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Raid The Town Screenshot.JPG
    Raid The Town Screenshot.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Level 1
You need a much better terrain. It will be the first thing everyone in the map section will tell you about unless you fail to get a good details there when you submit this map.

An example of good description Assault - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

You need to place some tile variations & height variations. Straight route are not really good looking. Also the part of the map on the sides of the map are plain. Use that part to increase the gameplay like having a dead guy need to go there do some thing so that he can be revived.

Where is the credit for the custom house model you are using? You need to place that in the map also.

Also when I go into the quest menu then all of the icons go green. Take care of this.

Why did you change the hotkey for attack? Make it A again.

Level 6
Update

Thanks for the feedback, here is my response.
1. The terrain is being worked on.
2. Credits added.
3. That icon issue doesn't happen to me.
4. The hotkey is Z because the hotkeys go:
ZXCV.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
1. Changed the terrain somewhat so it looks better.
2. Added credits.
3. Added Zelda.Alex to beta testers. +rep!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Level 3
Its a not to bad game.
I think you should create more items to drop from the houses and units. I solo'd that game as a shaman to. There needs to be alot more items in it. With 11 people or so playing it would be alot of fun. I think you should also tone down the range of the kings charge. I was half way across the map from him and he would stun me and charge me. I barely lived with using my totems and running around and creating ahnks.
Also you should create a shop or something. From all the gold i gained in it i would atleast like to buy some potions and other things. All together its a good co-op game just needs some more percs in it through the game instead of relying on each other to keep you alive. The amount of health on a player should be a bit more. If the priest had 5 hp instead of 3 that would be alot nicer. And the cooldown on the heal should be reduced by a second or so. I was shocked after killing that guy in the center i got nothing.

Last edited:
Level 6
Update

Thanks for the feed back, blah blah blah.
1. The Axe drop was more of a test run than anything else. I'm glad everyone likes it.
2. 11 players? Well it seems kind of easy even with 5 people. But you never know.
3. The king's charge spell only has 1000 range, he probably chased you across the map then used his charge spell.
4. The gold is meant to show the amount of kills you have. A shop may be added, but probably not. I may make you gain lumber from kills which would be used as gold to buy items.
5. 5 hp for a priest? So your saying you want the priest to have more health than everyone except warrior? I'm actually making the game harder and more team based by increasing the amount of HP all the enemies have by 1/3.
6. Killing the guy in the middle has a drop now.
7. I may reduce the cooldown of heal by a second or 2.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
1. Added all other class items as drops.
2. Increased the HP of all humans by 1/3.
3. Cooldown of Heal has been reduced by 1 second.
4. Added Priests to the town. They heal a nearby guard every 25 seconds.
5. Added Bloodezach to the credits. +rep!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW VERSION IS IN THIS POST!

Attachments

• Raid the Town 1.10b.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Level 3
Added Bloodezach to the credits. +rep!

Lol ty man. I will give a more indepth details tomorrow or tonight on your updated version. I did a quick run through of the play in the game. btw could you put (Liano) beside the my name in credits :p That is my account name on Bnet. Meh do what ya want its your game and your credits.

Last edited:
Level 3
Well im back again giving you some more info on your newer version. I think you should have the towns people be in groups rather then run around so that a group of people take out 1 person at a time real quickly i also think you should make the units flee once they are low on hp to make it harder and more urgent to take the target out. Another thing is that im guessing you have custom made all of these characters by your self but make the warrior have a shield his role in the group is to tank. You should also add more special effects onto spells just small extras. Also the warrior should have a taunt making targets attack him. The shamans role should be dmg / support i think instead of fire totem maybe give him a totem that heals selectivly rather then a aura ( just a suggestion) also The items were pretty good but they should be a bit harder to get. I think you should set up on the corners of the town mini bosses with like 15 hp or something that you have to kill but not that hard. And each one can drop the item for the class making it a bit harder then killing random guys and getting the items to help kill the final. Another thing on the warrior tank subject is that if you give him the shield make him also have the defend ability that reduces dmg taken and increases evasion rather then 60% chance to dodge after shield bash. The improvements were ok but id like to see it take a bit longer to beat as a group then a quick run through.

Level 3
yes i did actually. I had all the character weps then i relized i didnt have the shammy one i looked around and saw it sitting by some barrels thinking i must have just passed it.

Level 6
Update:

-----------
Terrain:
1. Improved the terrain by adding more tile variation and changing the tiles altogether.
Bug Fixes:
1. Made a new revive system. Basically when you die you go to a graveyard, all you must do is run out of the graveyard. Simple as that.
2. Re-Added the Priest. Replaced his revive spell with a Divine Protection spell. It gives the targeted allied unit for 8 seconds.
------------------------------------------------------------------
New Version in this post!

Attachments

• Raid the Town 1.12.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.