• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Radius... How big is "1"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So recently I have begun diving even deeper into the trigger editor than I have in the past, trying new combinations and commands that I've been too lazy (or scared) to try. I have asked myself this question many times, and since I could never find the answer, never bothered with it.

In a trigger editor, when Im doing an AoE for example, I need to supply a radius. However I don't know how big 1 unit of this radius is. I searched around and found nothing that answered my question. Would someone be able to tell me a formula, or give me a general idea of how large a single unit of the "radius" is?

My guess is that 1 unit = .1 of a point on the map when mouseovering. So to find out how large I want it to be, I could subtract the center point with a point on the edge. (I fail at explaining math, sorry!)

Thanks in advance!

Level 18
Why do you need that anyway? If the unit has a pathing, meaning other units can't stand 'in it' or have 'clipping issues' with another unit, you don't need the radius. With a radius of less then 10 you'd probably be able to hit the unit. And I believe 1 footman's average model size has a radius of about 100 I guess. So 10 will easily do, even though I have no idea why you'd need that.

Level 5
For the spell itself. I made a dummy unit that does damage on the ground.

• AoE Dummy ALL
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.70 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in BossDummyGroup and do (Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at (Position of (Picked unit)), dealing 10.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal)
EDIT: There is no malfunctioning code in the trigger or anything, I just need to know how much it equals.
EDIT2: And in the first post, when I use the term "unit" I'm referring to the unknown classification of measurement. (Unit instead of feet, inches, meters...)

Level 5
Really? When I tried testing that out it seemed like it wasn't quite that much.

Ill go ahead and test it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.