• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Racial Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am creating a MPQ mod to replace the current TFT mpq, called 'Tales of Teldrassil'.

For all of you who demand project info and screenshots, I appogologize that I cannot supply screenies yet, due to the fact that my Warcraft laptop is under repairs, and my other computers hate teh game. But info I can give.

Tales of Teldrassil (ToT) introduces a new type of gameplay: being able to merge your units depending on command posts. The CP's are buildings that are captured and controlled by players, granting or taking away an advantage, or nessicity.

A crude example is using this: say a Blood Elf player (I forgot to mention, that, while the current races in TFT are modded, four new races will be added: Naga, Goblin, Blood Elf, and Pandaren) takes control of a Goblin factory, he gets an advantage to launch or improve his siege weapons, or access rifles and other mechanical items for his troops.

Along with this, Teldrassil will include three game types: Survival, where no outposts are claimed, but players must establish bases on outposts, gold mines, and etc, Deathmatch, where players are given plenty of resources and outposts, and King of the Hill, where players try to keep a single outpost for 20 minutes, granting giant bonuses. All maps are compatible for each setting.

Now, away from that, and to the actual request. I understand that no one wants to make all the models I require, and I do not ask that at all. I just want a bit of help on finding appropriate models, icons, etc. on existing sites, by posting links.

Right now, I am in need of Goblin and Pandaren spell icons, ideas, models, etc. and what I need will constantly change, so I will keep on updating this post.. If you want to see what I have currently harvested, I will post a pastebin link soon.

Level 11
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3066/-Which can be a goblin with human cannnon tech

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/?order_field=time_update&order=desc&search=goblin simple page of goblin models, just searched goblins lol

would be great to have a basic pandaren model with good atachment points and start attaching models for ur upgrades and stuff.

obviously few pandaren models and icons just search pandaren. thats best i could really do.

A good class of units for pandaren could be a bamboo warrior, kinda like an assassin. Hides real well(basicly hide or a type of ww.)

Goblins could have night elf like buildings. cept robotic not trees. and have units the same way, ones that take too much recoil to not be planted down.

all i could think of for now.

Level 11
because its very clechet'
everyone knows what a ninja is. not many people knows what a bamboo warrior is. Besides want a buncha nerdys(not nerds like me, the tiny ones) to say "ooou make ur ninja pandaren do sharigan" and "make him have a nine tailed fox inside" or or something really dumb like "make him have uber jutsu bamboo stick of assassination death, of d3th!!!!" so no!, no ninja...

...........unless you rly want to since it IS your map

Hey, back in 2004, there was a guy by the name of eXn, who created goblin models on Wc3Sear. (Yes, I was a member of Wc3Sear back then) so, when I tried to email him, it said that he didn't want to recieve any emails from users. Pming him would be useless because the last time he logged on was round September 2004.

Does anyone know how I could contact him?

Level 11
Me too i'm really creative ^.^ IMO i think i am.
I thought of an idea for goblin unit.
it's not totally unique but it's kinda the unit version of the alchemist.
Goblin Transmuter
turns lower level creeps into gold
can mine gold but carrys only 1 at a time and has a slightly higher than average move speed
also can cut food, but when returned you gain gold not wood, but he does like extra damage to trees so they will get destroyed quickly
or maybe he could be the main builder idea

I've got two good ideas atm,but soon I might be getting 3Dmax,so i'll be able to make any others you'd like.

Goblin Kamikaze:
keep the mohawk goblin,replace 3rd goblin (looks like Tinkerer) with another walking barrel (goblin),give the Mhawk goblin like...Rexxar's spell anim,send the barrel goblins flying and exploding (range: 500(AOE 250) then reappearing beside the Mhawk goblin.Maybe give the Mhawk goblin a throwing anim?

For Blood Elves,try the REAL Berzerker,like the blademaster,they carry their flags into battle,but as a decoration attached to their belt.Many of them carried a large double sided axe in their strong arm for a defencive stance,planting it in the ground and swinging rapidly with their second-handed weapon.Kind of like a very angry Beastmaster :D
Later on,for the Berzerker,I could just work on Rexxar and then remodel some parts of him to look more Blood Elven, rather than Orcish.

Status
Not open for further replies.