• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Races and their slurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
First off, if you get queasy or frightened at the sight of racial slurs, leave now. If you do not have an open mind, get out now.

Real event that happened earlier today.

I'm at Gamestop buying Morrowind so I can finally use Morroblivion (Play Morrowind with Oblivion's engine.) when there's this gangster african american in the store.

No, I'm not being racist. He was the honest to God, sterotypical black gangster. Durag, baggy pants that slid down to your thighs, brass knuckles, and one of those see through shirts. He even talked like one!

Now. There's about 6 caucasians (Including myself) and an asian couple in the store. So what's the black guy doing you ask?

Going around calling all the whites crackers. He even called the asian couple a "Pair of chinks".

No one said or did a thing for a while. Finally, one of the whites got fed up and called him that infamous word, nigger. What happens now you ask?

Practically everyone jumps on him, calling him a monster, racist, going "how dare you!" etc. while I'm trying to find Morrowind Game of the Year edition, which I did. But this raises the question.

Why are the other races allowed to get away with this.

From what I've seen, it's mostly blacks that can get away with anything they want really. Mexicans and Asians seem to have this too, but not as much as the african americans.

"Well, they were enslaved"

Yeah, they were, 140 years ago, get over it already. We're over 9/11 (Most of us) You can get over something you weren't even around for.

"During the 1900s we didn't have many rights."

I think that's been remedied, you know, seeing as it looks like you have more rights than us now.

"They had a horrible life in Mexico and they fled here for a better life! And even here they don't make minimum wage!"

Well, it can't possibly be illegal immigration that's giving them such a crappy wage, can it? I mean, considering that if you're a legal citizen you are required to be paid a minimum wage, no it can't possibly be that.

"They're homeless and can't afford the education!"

Well there's a reason we have libraries. Use them.

"We bombed them in World War II!"

Well they don't seem to care anymore, otherwise they wouldn't have come to America now would they?

"They come from an oppressed land!"

Yeah, they come to America to escape Communism, pollution, and Over population, they're coming here on our terms, where Freedom of Speech (should) exist.

Do I seem racist? Oh well. I'm voicing my thoughts on this. And no, that incident in the store really happened. And it's not a all of a sudden rage thing. It's happened before. Dave Chapelle and Carlos Mencia seem to be able to say what they want, but when Sarah Silverman or Dog the Bounty Hunter drop a racial slur, it's a national event. What the fuck's with that?

Anyways, your thoughts on the whole thing? ANyways, this is American only, not sure how the other countries handle this kind of stuff.

Level 26
Oh jeeze, another thread about this?

There's a double standard between white people and other minorities. Get over it. My school has underclassmen acting surprised when I speak fluent English. I either turn the other cheek, or play along and laugh about it.

I'd like to think of the internet as an interesting place, because everyone loves to play the role as the oppressed minority, whether you're Christian, atheist, black, white, asian, furry, heterosexual, an adult, pro-Naruto, anti-DotA, or any other group of people. And I think that's beautiful, because it doesn't matter what race or belief you belong to. Your complaining proves that you're human, and no different from anybody else.

Last edited:
Level 12
It's simple. Dumb people are like a sponge, and there's a whole bunch of them. They drink up everything the television and other propaganda tells them.

Now, after all those shows where they watch black gangsters shoot up liquor stores, willingly or subconsciously they starting viewing most of the blacks as someone potentionally dangerous to their well being. There was even a study made on this. People were asked to imagine someone mugging them, then they were asked how did they imagine the mugger. About 60% of them thought of a gangster-type negroid, 20% thought of a latin-american.

Now, the same people watch a show about racism and how it's bad. Deep inside, they know they have somewhat racist thoughts, so they feel better about themselves when they attack people who are openly racist, or pass dumb laws like hate crimes (if they are on a high position). Its like that movie where the biggest gay basher turned out to be gay himself.

I guarantee that the people in the store were pissed off too. Someone who has no racist thoughts whatsoever wouldn't give a rat's ass about the what someone said to the black guy, but these people just had to shrug off and make up for the racist thoughts they had by ripping on whoever insulted the guy.

Anyway, this kind of people also find racism where there is none. Like with the blackboard thing. Someone either racist or completely retarded would connect it to discrimination, and that's why they're trying to ban the word (or have banned it).

Level 7
Japut3h, you are absolutely right. Every Mexican at my school calls everyone that even has the faintest touch of white skin crackers. And they call asians ugly monkeys.. Screw you Carlos Mencia for all your pitiful sick jokes! Though I did call one Mexican a pretzel, but that was when I was really angry, and then his gang came and beat me up, and I called them cowards, because it should be one on one. If I have been racist in anyway I am sorry. Oh btw, the mexicans also said "That someone is racist if they even say black" The true definition of racism: To judge or to say one is better than said race.

Level 27
"Well, they were enslaved"
No, they weren't. They were not enslaved, and we did not enslave them. Ours and their ancestors did and were. Hell, maybe my neighbor owns a plantation and owns 300 black slaves. Turns out that it's not me who's doing anything. Yeah, actually, it turns out it's my neighbor is doing it.

Let me tell you about how I learned what "chink" meant.

Long story short, I learned it's like a crack, or the sound two pieces of metal make when the hit.

Okay, now, to the best of my memory, the second definition:
A derogatory term for a Chinese person.

So I'm like, "WTF? That's the straight up definition? It just suddenly is derogatory?"

Ethnic slurs are words. That is my opinion.

Level 26
Ethnic slurs are words. That is my opinion.
I actually found it rather far-fetched myself when my mom told me that "chink" just meant an ethnic slur for an Asian.

All words are, in the end, just words, and they're only as offensive as you make them out to be. I don't quite understand why people find the concept of unconditional freedom of speech to be this frightening, but it really isn't.

Level 5
Its ALWAYS black ppl. They throw down the race card quick as hell.

I Asked a black kid at my school one day:

Q: Why dont most black ppl have an education?
A: Everyones racists, thats why im failing school

Q: Why do u always want to cause a fight
A: Cause white ppl deing racist to me

Im paraphrasin, but close enough.

Level 11
We don't have a problem in my class, at least. We don't call each other degrading racial words, except for the black people, who call each other "niggers" and such. There is some friendly fighting though, but that is on an individual level, and it is not really racial. But on the other hand, I live in Sweden, and we Swedes are know to only see the good things about ourselves.

Level 36
I find it funny how black people are allowed to refer to themselves by whatever terms they like, most often the dreaded 'n' word, but whenever white people call eachother crackers we get strange looks. The next time a black guy calls me a cracker I'm going to use the whole "That is OUR word! HOW DARE YOU USE IT AGAINST ME!" arguement that they always pull.

Level 26
I had a black friend who would occasionally act like a ninja, and when people referred to him as such, he would reply "Did you just call my a ninjer? It's ninja!"

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

I agree.

I think that the African American community wanting any special treatment for slavery is total bull.

White people didn't invent slavery, in fact, most of the slaves sent to America, were sent there by, guess who, BLACK slave traders.

Infact, all minorities have no right to make fun, or insult a majority, or vice versa, because, we are all people, for gods sake, just because you are a minority in an area, does not give you any special royalties, and being a majority doesn't, either.

Asians are an American minority, yet, in reality, they are a world wide majority.
Caucasians are the American majority, and guess what, they are here because of colonialism.
African Americans, are here because of slavery, for the most part. Which was over 100 years ago.
Latino's are a minority, south/central america, etc.

Seriously, to put it simply, if someone insults you for my race, I will look at them, and insult them on their character, I am a Hebrew, German, Native American, British guy, there aren't that many of us, so am I a minority? Or am I just Caucasian?

Wait, I messed up this post... disregard it if you want to...

Level 2
u have one wierd friend

on another note i fully agree with the last istari.

EDIT: oh btw there is this one fucker i had in my class he never reffered to me through my name but either as jew, russian bitch, commy, or such, but one time i called him a fucken paki, he got so pissed of and starting saying i was rascist.

Level 45
Iv had people be a racist to me, call me lots of asian racial slurs, they could never pick up my true nationality though, the idiots...
And the majority of them were actually primary school kids :/
I dont notice im asian or anything at all when im just going through like normally o.0.. I find it bizzare for people to pick me out in such a manner.

Level 26
Oh yeah, I was wondering what I wanted to get off my chest about this thread, but I just couldn't put my finger on it until now.

I don't understand people who use racism just because another person is doing so. That's just as absurd, if not more, than the racist person at hand taking offense to the insult. So this black guy is calling you a cracker. All of a sudden, nigger is part of your casual vocabulary? It doesn't matter how racist a person is.

Being racist against a racist is still being racist. Racist.

Anyhow, if someone's using a bunch of racial slurs, just play along with them and laugh it off. If you don't want race to matter to other people, it shouldn't matter to you.

Level 9
The sad fact, nearly everyone racist is actually from a minority, most white guys don't give a damn, or at least would not have given a damn if everyone didn't keep pulling the "racist" card.

The more people use the "racists card' for no reason, the more people actually become racists.

Fun fact-most modern white racists are only so becuase they got screwed multiple times due to "no-discrimination-laws", that made people with far inferior skills and grades jest the jobs they applied to, the university they wanted, they got blamed and shuted at every time they chose a white guy over anyone else even if the white guy was better in every single way and the [insert minority guy here] was a drunk, drugged, twice-in-jail wiseass punk.

Anti-minority rules and PC only creates racism.
In a normal world i would have been a simple atheist from Israel, but with all these I now hate:
-Religious people for forcing laws on non-religious people.
-Black guys for blaming me into racism when I do anything at all that does not favor them, but example even not letting them cut me in lines is racist.
-feminists for complaining women are oppressed when they have far less duties, and far more rights (army 2 years, guys 3. they can choose not to go to anything combat if they want, there are a few seats EVERYWHERE reserved for women, but not men. "sex laws" say that even if you are 14 years old and she is 16 you are the one that will get arrested. and much more.)

In general, every single minority uses the "racist card" in order to screw me over. and now I am fucking racist because it drives me crazy that EVERYONE have more rights then me, and less duties. and I'm STILL considered the "oppressor"...

Level 2
every1 is racist one way or another. its what helps make us human. you will never find a person without the smallest bit of racism in him.

Level 36
My friend is black, and he finds the term "african american" more offensive than black, or even negro.

It is a strange point you raise though, but I think it might just be due to ignorance. Most people probably don't even know what cracker means, or chink. However, most people do know what nigger means.

If any black person tells me I should treat him with more respect because I enslaved him hundreds of years ago, he/she is an idiot. I didn't enslave anyone, I wasn't even alive then. And neither were they. So it doesn't matter.

every1 is racist one way or another. its what helps make us human. you will never find a person without the smallest bit of racism in him.

I see the logic in that, but racism perhaps is not the right term to use. Prejudice maybe. The reason stereotypes exist is for survival reasons, way back in BC if a man thought "well just because the last 10 lions I saw attacked me doesn't mean I can't give this one a chance", they would die. Therefore we have stereotypes and they would think "hmm, the past 10 lions I saw attacked me, so this one probably will too! Let's kill it!".

However, stereotypes have their flaws in modern society, as with almost every other aspect of human instinct, like greed and war.

Level 27
Are you saying you're racist?
However, stereotypes have their flaws in modern society, as with almost every other aspect of human instinct, like greed and war.
Good thing we have wonderfully logical brains then, eh?

Level 26
boomwolf said:
Fun fact-most modern white racists are only so becuase they got screwed multiple times due to "no-discrimination-laws", that made people with far inferior skills and grades jest the jobs they applied to, the university they wanted, they got blamed and shuted at every time they chose a white guy over anyone else even if the white guy was better in every single way and the [insert minority guy here] was a drunk, drugged, twice-in-jail wiseass punk.
Fun fact - that's neither a fact nor fun.

You just sound like you're venting some kind of frustrating experience on us.

Level 22
well...alot of people do D:
i was playing oblivion at my brothers place, and one of my bro's roomates said a guy in the game was black. i said that was rasicst, saying african american is a more proper name. my bro butts in and says, well hes not really american is he? he's like... african-oblivion. we all laughed.

in my school, azns are seen as some sort of higher race (its wierd, but good for me D:)
one azn actually beat up a white guy for calling him some name, there was this huge crowd, but the damn principals had to come in and stop it.

Level 34
I don't see a problem with the term black. It's the point, and not at all derogatory if taken properly. Everyone says white except for the government.

Level 17
Its not about the actual word, its the person. Someone could be saying it just as a reference to the person, but some people use it for the purpose of offending that person. Since the population is mixed between the 2 the actual intention of the terms are not understood.

See, I have black friends. I call them niggers and they call me somethnig back and they dont really care, since we're friends and they know I dont mean offense by it.

Level 24
lol, story time!
So, my sophomore year in high school, in line for my soft tacos at food fest, a black freshman takes shit out of my backpack. My friends notice, I take my stuff back and say "Don't take shit out of my backpack, bitch." He goes and says (right after I took my fucking stuff back "I didn't take shit from your backpack, nigger." I stop, and try to correct him: "You know that nigger actually mea-" "What did you just call me, nigger?" I should have told him if he was going to be racist, to do it right and call me a chink. Actually, I should have hit him with a knife-hand in the throat, but that would have gotten me at least suspended. Zero tolerance for violence, it even doesn't allow for fighting back in self-defense.

In the States at least, if someone is racist you're pretty much guaranteed that they aren't Caucasian. No, wiggers don't fucking count as Caucasian, they count as a human intellectual equivalent of pond scum. The majority of whites aren't racist because they're always around peers. If someone new happens to be introduced, they are treated the same as everyone else, because there is no example of how else they should be treated.

Level 26
In the States at least, if someone is racist you're pretty much guaranteed that they aren't Caucasian. No, wiggers don't fucking count as Caucasian, they count as a human intellectual equivalent of pond scum. The majority of whites aren't racist because they're always around peers. If someone new happens to be introduced, they are treated the same as everyone else, because there is no example of how else they should be treated.
It really depends on the place you're coming from. I live in a place where racism isn't really anything but fuel for our humor. I witness a hate-filled racist comment that doesn't come from the internet about, what, once a year? And then you can flip on FAUX News and count the number of times they make "Obama=Osama" jokes and associate black people with chicken.

You just gotta know where people are coming from, eh?

Level 36
Yeah. They haven't found him yet, and even though he's disappeared for a few years, he's gotta still be out there. Unless he died. Who knows.

Either way, gotta love that Mclean's cover when he turned 50 last year, this great big picture of him with the caption "GUESS WHO'S FIFTY!'.

Hm, Michael Jackson's fifty.

Anyways, racism is only a way for the weak to cope. They think up excuses to hate others, which in a way is like hating the Sandman and always taking Spidermans side.
Personally, I believe that rather than acting racist and being all pissy, i'll do what's needed to repay the race that harmed mine.
In other words, the whites invaded my peoples' country, killed our men, raped our women and stole our children, our land and our animals and left us on reserves, it's a waste of time to ask for rights from them, do onto others as they do unto you.

If that was law, I think most of europe would be fucked (Many racial victims: African native peoples, North American Tribes, South American Tribes, Chinese)

Status
Not open for further replies.