• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Race selection system! Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm working on a map with custom races, i have an idea for the race selection system but i can't seem to find the specific trigger option.

I want the starter unit to die when finished constructing one from 4 custom race halls.

Specific unit event: [starter unit] > Event..?

There doesn't seem to be an option related to construction.

Appeal your wisdom, Hivers! :p

I can't believe there isn't any race selection spell on Hive... Its rather odd, maybe i'm just using the wrong keywords. *shrugs*

Level 15
generic unit event, finishes/begins/cancels construction are the events for constructions.

Level 15
There cannot be a specific unit event since you cannot build a specific unit (specific unit event is only for preplaced unit which cannot be built since they are already constructed). If you want a specific unit-type of the building, you can easily accomplish it with conditions.

Level 11
  • INIT
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set GROUP = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Your_unit_type))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GROUP and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to CONSTRUCTION <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Finishes training a unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_GROUP)
  • CONSTRUCTION
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Peasant
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- CHOOSE ALLIANCE --------
        • Else - Actions

Level 7
The starter unit is already placed within the map, its not trained or summoned by a trigger.

Here's the map file if it helps explain:

Attachments

• World War Trump Alpha 4.w3x
    163.8 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.