• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race and Class ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm making a RPG map! I need ideas for races and for classes. If you want, can u give me and spell ideas for the current classes. I want the races, the spells and the classes to be original. Thanks for reading!

Current Races:

-

-

-

-

Herbalists can make potions and magical items from herbs. They know how to use the herbs properly to make omething useful out of them. The Herbalists know some nature magic too. They're connected with nature, the animals are passive with them.

Herbalism allows the hero to make items with herbs and to use plants.

Druidism allows the hero to cast nature magic and to transform himself in animal.

Potion Mastery allows the hero to use and make potions properly, without losing much mana.

Deep within the forests of Irother, there was a race of ferrets. These ferrets battled with mystical Ottermen. The ottermen were rather scary, and thus the ferrets hid. A lot. So much to the point that the ferret-folk hid in the caves and such while the otters stayed on the surface which is kind've silly because the otters should've taken the caves because they were free shelter, but that's not important to this story at this point in time. Anyway, a terrible eventhappened, and the otters had to flee. The ferrets were thus able to leave there ferret-holes and stop being stupid scared ferrets. Or something. Anyway, they evolved over time and began to co-exist with the nearby races. To this day, they remain the same fur patterns as there old ancestors, which was red fur with white and black spots. Or something that isn't very intimidating. I don't know. Average height is around 4'8" for males and 5'3" for females. Hive-style societies are common, with a "queen" as other societies would call them. However, the queens are generally not in control and some are there against there will. Most clans of ferrets are highly spiritual, the shamanistic leader being either the main leader or the queen's co-leader.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btng_fade_evade-57253/?prev=search=evade&d=list&r=20
Dash - Passive
The scout is able to quickly dash around in order to avoid enemies attention. When the scout is not seen by enemies, it moves 20\30\35\40\45\50\55\60\65\70% faster. When the scout is first seen by enemies, increase speed by 35% and gives 50% chance to dodge attacks. This effect cannot happen more than once every 5 seconds.

Foresight - Passive
Scouts can easily fore the swings of an enemies blade or claw, whichever it may be. When fighting melee enemies, they have 10\15\20\25\30\35\40\45\50\55% chance to dodge the attacks and 5\10\15\20\25\30\35\40\45\50% chance to deal 2 times normal damage.

-

Scouts are quickly able to move from place to place and are usually front runners who will scout the borders or enemy lines in order to give there leaders needed information on the enemy's location and movement patterns. Most have also developed traits to stop them from being hit once and stopped.

Running allows the hero to move fast and to quikly-kill enemies.

Blade mastery allows the hero to take big damage and to fight properly.

Defend allows the hero to defend himself and it's allies.

-

-

-

Herbalists can make potions and magical items from herbs. They know how to use the herbs properly to make omething useful out of them. The Herbalists know some nature magic too. They're connected with nature, the animals are passive with them.

Druidism allows the hero to cast nature magic and to transform himself in animal.

Potion Mastery allows the hero to use and make potions properly, without losing much mana.

Last edited:
Level 19
A Herbalist would be better as a Profession. Change Herbalist to Druid.
Stick with those generic races such as Humans, Orcs, etc.
Maybe you could put variants or humans/elves, such as High Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, etc.
You could do a race where they look like humans but are say purple skinned, and like 2.5 times larger with more muscle, or a race where they have a humanoid build, but are bird faced or something like that.

The key on making a race is to get an animal, get some physical features from it and place it on a human and try to make it as natural looking as possible. You could get a Bear Claw and a Seal's Face and try to make them blend. It would be better to get features from under animals that fall under a single category.

However, if you dont want some humanoid races, mix animal A with animal B and make it larger. Again, make it as natural looking as possible.

Dont bump unless the last post was 2 days ago.
Btw, your BB Code is broken. Fix it and ill make an idea :D

Level 2
I have little idea what you want with the formatting right now, but I'll do my best to format it in the same style as you. I'll do a suggestion for a humanoid race, if that's all right, and if you like it, I'll see what else I can do for you. The lore isn't very serious, as you'll see, and was put there as a placeholder. I don't know what to say really. So beneath here is it. I, uh, hope you like it.

Ferrets are able to easily tunnel and see in the dark due to there years beneath the surface. At night, they retain the normal sight range from day and move 25% faster in "cave" areas. (If possible.)

Deep within the forests of [insert ironic name here], there was a race of ferrets. These ferrets battled with mystical Ottermen. The ottermen were rather scary, and thus the ferrets hid. A lot. So much to the point that the ferret-folk hid in the caves and such while the otters stayed on the surface which is kind've silly because the otters should've taken the caves because they were free shelter, but that's not important to this story at this point in time. Anyway. [insert scary event here] happened, and the otters had to flee. The ferrets were thus able to leave there ferret-holes and stop being stupid scared ferrets. Or something. Anyway, they evolved over time and began to co-exist with the nearby races. To this day, they remain the same fur patterns as there old ancestors, which was red fur with white and black spots. Or something that isn't very intimidating. I don't know. Average height is around 4'8" for males and 5'3" for females. Hive-style societies are common, with a "queen" as other societies would call them. However, the queens are generally not in control and some are there against there will. Most clans of ferrets are highly spiritual, the shamanistic leader being either the main leader or the queen's co-leader.

Most scouts are able to pick up the combat patterns of there enemies by watching them from afar. The longer a scout is in combat, the higher chance they have of evading attacks and making use of flaws.

Scouts are masters of strategical retreat. As such, they can quickly recoop and keep morale high when fleeing, which has led to increased regeneration of morale in nearby troops by contrast.

Scouts are quickly able to move from place to place and are usually front runners who will scout the borders or enemy lines in order to give there leaders needed information on the enemy's location and movement patterns. Most have also developed traits to stop them from being hit once and stopped.

Scouts can easily forsee the swings of an enemies blade or claw, whichever it may be. When battling melee enemies, they have higher dodge chance and critical strike chance. (I suppose this would be accomplished by having the dodge only increase the second they are attacked.)

The scout is able to quickly dash around in order to avaid enemies attention. When the scout is not seen by enemies, it moves 20% faster. When the scout is first seen by enemies, increase speed and dodge chance by 35%. This effect cannot happen more than once every 5 seconds.

-

-

-

Status
Not open for further replies.