• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quotidian Discord v0.2b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Quotidian Discord

'Once every year all the strongest mages in Azeroth step into a magical arena in Dalaran to determine who is the most powerful of them all. The mages summon spells from out the air and cast those spells on their enemies.'

Game Play:

Everyone will control one 'Mage' and throughout the game, make that mage become stronger and stronger

Every player has a cubicle where he/she can heal, buy items and buy spells.
To enter your cubicle you must stand in front of the gate for 4 seconds, only you may trigger the gate to your cubicle. When you leave your cubicle your gate will close. When someone else’s character runs into your cubicle your fountain for replenishment will start attacking him.

Random spells will spawn on random locations or on specific locations every now and then, when you pick a spell up you can use it once.

The objective of the game is to kill as many enemies possible before the time runs out.

Still To Come:

* Mode Selection (FFA, TDM, CTF and more)
* More Spells
* Combo Spells (Spells that has a better effect when cast within 5 seconds of a specific spell)
* More Items

Definitely in v0.2c :

* '-clear' command
* Lock camera ability at fountain (locks camera to unit)
* Spells should explode sooner (so the map doesn't stack up)
* Spell explosions should damage AoE around them
* Fix Transparency's description
* Committing suicide shouldn't add to kills
* Better item descriptions

Plans for v0.3 :

* Combo spells

* Ability damages have ranges (40-55) or (30-40)

* Kill Achievements (Double Kill, Triple Kill, Killing Spree, etc)

* Change mages' skins (so you can type -skin 1, -skin 2 and then your unit gets a new skin)

* DIFFERENT ARENAS :

FFA arenas :
Dalaran Arena - Normal arena
Forgotten Island - Arena where there are no cubicles
Hazardous Arena - Arena where the environment fights back (plants poison you, random fireballs shoot out, stun traps, fake traps[items that are actually traps] etc)

CTF arena :
Moonshine Arena - Both teams have a base and flags, you must capture the flag and return it back to base to win (must be able to set the score to win)

TDM arena :
Bloodspill Arena - Both teams have bases on opposite sides of the arena, for each kill the team gets 1 point

Survivor arena :
Circle of conjuration - One unit becomes the survivor and another his ally, when he gets killed, the killer becomes the survivor and the killed unit becomes his ally, when the survivor is killed, the ally will turn against the new survivor. While a unit is the survivor he gains points per second and his ally gains 1/2 of the amount the survivor gets

Credits:

Thanx to Kyton for the help with vJass
See in-game quests for a full list of credits

THIS IS ONLY A BETA VERSION

This map is protected

Keywords:
arena, spells, quotidian discord, mages, magic, dalaran, cast, QD
Contents

Quotidian Discord v0.2b (Map)

Reviews
8:49, 16th June 2009 by bounty hunter2: Needs better terrain, better tooltips, working hotkeys, Rejected.

M

8:49, 16th June 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Needs better terrain, better tooltips, working hotkeys, Rejected.

Level 8
Nice ....I always liked this map. The newer versions are great. You might want to work on some of the items a bit, since theres not a lot of strategy concerning items. Also the gates bug sometimes. Until fixed 4/5.

Level 9
I just had an idea about the combo spells

All the spells will still function normally

Some spells will have the description 'Combo starter' and other will have the description 'Combo spell'

'Combo starters' will do nothing extra but when the spell is cast the unit will get a 'Combo' buff that lasts for 5 seconds

If a 'Combo spell' is used in that 5 seconds the spell will have a greater effect and reset the buff so it starts counting down from 5 again.

Level 13
Reading the review of Bounty...

Not working Hotkeys is very annoying for the player.
You really have to change that...
Example Hotkey:
|cffffcc00H|rotkey!
Or:
Hotkey |cffffcc00[H]|r

The |cffffcc00 thingy is to start the color, the |r ends the color.
Between it you have to type your letter.

Level 9
hahahahahahaha :D

i know how colors work dude :p but thanx for the help, i appreciate it :p

the problem is that there are 28 different spells and you cant change the hotkey of an ability. You can pick up any combination of spells so your hotkeys are bound to be the same at some stage (Trust me, i have tried everything in my power to try and give the game decent hotkeys)

I plan on removing hotkeys completely in the new version since it looks sloppy if i add them ( and then my map gets rejected :{ )

but im working kindof hard on the new version, so far the gates are 100% fixed, i added some nice professional looking descriptions to items and spells and added some new special effects :p

Edit : oh and i have a new terrain (still have no idea what was wrong with the old one tho)

Level 5
I haven't seen that bounty hunter guy approve one map yet... He rejects them for pretty stupid things, things that normal maps get upgraded with from feedback off people that play it.

Level 3
Can you improve hero 's mana a bit or make a spell cost less mana or more mana rune? I think it will be better cuz there is a lot of spell and cast 1 or 2 of them then I have to return the base :smile:.
And a minor thing is sometime the spell not auto learn and become an item. I know because I pick a spell very fast and can drop and pick again but some guy never know......"sign":xxd:
And last, some hotkey not work, some spell doesn't even have a hotkey(or because of color?):sad:
But, this map is really good.

Level 2
For hotkeys, just set it up so that each spell slot is bound to a specific key, like first spell slot = Q, ect. I've seen several maps with variable spell sets fix that problem like that.

Level 9
For hotkeys, just set it up so that each spell slot is bound to a specific key, like first spell slot = Q, ect. I've seen several maps with variable spell sets fix that problem like that.

There are about 30 spells in the game, there are 26 hotkeys you can use - 4 (stop hold patrol and move) so there are only 22 hotkeys i can use, so some time one hotkey is bound to go over another one

Level 3
There are about 30 spells in the game, there are 26 hotkeys you can use - 4 (stop hold patrol and move) so there are only 22 hotkeys i can use, so some time one hotkey is bound to go over another one

Yeah, I know that is problem with too may spell but not enough key.
Ah, I have an idea, can you upgrade the spell when pick the same spell as I already have?

Level 3
Argh, is it just my bad luck or the spell "Death" have a bug then.In three day on a row, 10 times I success that spell then I surely die 10 times:cry:, my friends or player don't pick(I think because too many spell and they pick randomly) so I can't say for sure:hohum:.I will test it for the next three day, if I only kill myself :sad:, I will report it again.:cool: