• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quilboar Beastiary

Quilboar Beastiary

Quilboar Beastiary, inspired by Ujimasa Hojo's models. I uploaded this while I was a newbie, I thought that I could reworked on it, so I did,

* Version 1 - Uploaded
* Version 1.1 - Reworked stuffs
* Version 2 (New) - Heavy Reworking
* Version 2.1 - Fixed some Ref Attachments

Free to edit, as long as you give credits in return, Enjoy.

Keywords:
wow. razormane, bristleback, quilboar etc.
Contents

Quilboar Beastiary (Model)

Reviews
15:15, 23rd Jan 2014 Kwaliti: Approved. 17:24, 23rd Jan 2014 Deolrin: Added rating.

M

15:15, 23rd Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

Approved.

17:24, 23rd Jan 2014
Deolrin: Added rating.

This is definitely better than the other ones you recently submitted. I still kind of wonder why you make it look neater and more advanced than orc buildings. I know orcs are usually crude, but quilboars should be absolutely primitive. There should be thorns.

Still, it is pretty good for one of your first models. 3/5.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This is definitely better than the other ones you recently submitted. I still kind of wonder why you make it look neater and more advanced than orc buildings. I know orcs are usually crude, but quilboars should be absolutely primitive. There should be thorns.

Wa666r said:
The roof just takes away the whole feel of savageness and brutality that Quilboars have.
This. Seriously, man, it's a great roof; snip it off with Oinkewinkles or Magos and save it for something cool; just not Quillboars.

See Watch Tower comments.

I actually think this is the best so far, though; it looks somewhat-sufficiently different, and the particles are neat.

This building still have no thorns and might be no savagery since this is not the time when Thrall and his orcs entered the Barrens

Look at the WoWWiki.com

The Quilboars were always primitive, way before Thrall. Stop making excuses.

You are treating our comments as if they are obstacles that you need to overcome. Our comments are guides to help you overcome your own obstacles which are the flaws in your models. Again, don't look at them like insults. Yes, we are pointing out flaws, but we're not doing it just to be mean, we're doing it so that you can see what things you can fix to make this better.

Until you realize we're here to help you, you're not going to get any better. I'll admit most of my models are not 5/5 material, but they are still pretty good and almost every single one of them has been edited after uploading after seeing some good criticism in the comments.

I was like you when I uploaded my first couple of models. I was in denial, making any excuse I could to justify a flaw in my model to pretend it was a good thing. When I came back a long time later I edited those models because I realized that a lot of the criticism was honest.

Updated
and added thorns

Is the texture okay?
comment if there is a better texture
for the thorns
except for the entangle goldmine and Entangle ability roots
if its goods....

*Sigh* That isn't what we were talking about. We weren't talking about putting a dark viny plant that looks like it came from felwood on top of it, we were talking about actual thorns on the building, they could be wooden thorns, bones, quillboar tusks, etc.

Level 7
Your model is good, but when I use this model on my map, the entire map automatically becomes completely dark, hopefully the maker can fix the problem with the model :(

Patch : 1.31.1

Last edited: