• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Quick Question About Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello there! I've just got a quick question about variables. According to the Object Manager I'm using my variable "TempPoint" in 58 triggers. Is there any chance that this may glitch using the variable in alot of triggers? I mean, is there any chance that another trigger will overwrite another triggers TempPoint variable? Regardless it's an instant or timed-event trigger? Thanks. :)

Level 19
It should be fine, as long as the variable is being disposed at the end and assigned at the beginning of your trigger.

Thanks for the quick answer. :) Yeah, exactly what I thought. I assing my variable at the beginning at the trigger and destroys it at the end of the trigger. It's named TempPoint because it's a temporary variable. Just thought it may glitch by using it in alot of triggers. Thanks again, +rep.

Level 19
It depends whether or not all your uses of it are instantaneous, or have some kind of wait/timer associated with them.

Everything is instant and I don't use waits, cause that ruins the MUI capability. The only timers I use is...

• Events
    • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
...this event, and that should not affect the variables itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.