• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick question about saving/gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I may be missing something obvious, but when you save your character, are you supposed to lose all your gold when you reload? That seems to be what I'm experiencing, but that doesn't seem right...

I'm just testing this out with a new character, so maybe there's some sort of penalty for reloading the character, but for now it's all my gold so I dunno if that's really the case or not.

Level 2
Ok, I just played a bit. It seems like it rounded down everyone to the nearest 10 gold...

Are there any other "rules" that pertain to the load/save function? I also noticed while saving the "correct" way, you can't trade items between characters.

Level 7
I think when 1.2 first came out, there was a gold glitch in which when you saved, you'd randomly be given tens of thousands of gold upon reloading. Perhaps the way Zwieb fixed this issue was to have a round down check to ensure this bug wouldn't persist. At most losing 9 gold (if it truly does just round down the first digit) even at level 1 isn't that big of a deal.

Level 2
Yeah, the rounding down gold is no biggie, now that I've determined that's what it's actually doing.

We also noticed two people bought potions and when they reloaded, the potions were gone. These are just little things that I can work with, I'm just trying to figure out what all to be aware of.

Level 2
Ok, thanks everyone. That helps alleviate the uncertainty with the save/load process. We were actually using the in game save feature until recently so we're still catching up on how the system works when used properly.

Yes, the save system indeed rounds the last two gold digits to full 10's.
This is basicly just a leftover thing from desperately trying to reduce the size of the save code length back in the time when you had to manually type down your savecodes.

I might remove that in a future content upgrade. But right now, it's a low priority issue.

Also, as someone else mentioned, healing/mana and rejuvenation potions do not save due to the possibility to dupe them as potions can not be soulbound (I decided against a soulbound mechanic on potions for reasons of convenience, like players carrying potions for other players).

Level 1
If you guys play on Garena maybe we could play together some time? I'd love to experience the map all over again since I haven't played in a long while

Status
Not open for further replies.