• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Quick Question about Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I've been using the World Editor for a while, and it always seems to happen that eventually, after saving and exiting then reopening the Editor, they turn to 0 KB and don't show up.
150541-albums2277-picture51644.jpg

Anybody know why this is happening? It usually happens when I import a lot of things, and then they all slowly become 0KB and I Have to reimport them. I also think that each time I forget to set the path correctly, but I doubt thats the problem as I do that a lot and it doesn't always happen.

Attachments

• 0KB.jpg
    0KB.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 46
Level 20
Well... You don't have to close/reopen the editor everytime you import something. The safest way to do it is: Import -> Save -> Use the model in the unit/item/destructible, etc.

You don't have to re-import either, you could just use 'Replace File'

MAYBE has something to do with the directory where those files are. When I was having that problem just created a folder in WC3 and added all my imported stuff there.

Another reason could be that the File path (in your computer) is too long. C:\ProgramFiles\Games\Warcraft3\MapImports\Units\Spider\Spider.blp...

Another probable cause: Maybe those files have a custom specific path and you're not using it.

Another probable cause: The file may be 'blp' but the file compression or something may be incompatible with Warcraft.

Offtopic: You're using too heavy files there... 683kb is A LOT for a model...

Status
Not open for further replies.