• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick Campaign Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello Hive! I'm making a campaign, and I want some feedback from the community so I was wondering if there is a number of maps I should have before releasing it as a beta? I was thinking it was something like Prologue + 3 other missions, but I decided to check here first incase theres a rule (I searched but couldn't find 1) Thanks!

Rule? No, but, if you want your map to be taken seriously and people not to be biased by a poor beta (because betas sometimes are really poor, because of their authors' desperate trial of not revealing "hot" clues about the map), you might want to have a beta with enough developed stuff.

If let's say a beta is 40% of the map, you should release it with 65%. Betas are not necessary, it's just some way for people to inform the community about their map.

Your best bet would be making a nice looking and structured introduction in the Map Development Forum.

Level 12
I have been working hard not to make the campaign poor (I've played almost every campaign on here and quit half of them before finishing the first level). However, I'm going to take your advice about the Map Development Forum.

Level 12
^^
Playing all of the campaigns here is a VERY good idea. Some of the best (That come to mind) are:
The Spider Queen
The Chosen Ones
The Day of the Dragon
ANY of the Joe's Quest series campaigns

Anyway, good luck with your project. It is very hard to stay ambitious with large projects like that.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

The Chosen Ones
Epicness ^

Also, try Ascension BETA. Short but i loved it.
Ps. Yes vosty i am stalking you...be afraid.

Level 12
^^
Btw, I also forgot to mention another two:
Lord of the Clans (Which I have never played, but heard about it)
To the Bitter End (Which is not a compiled campaign, but several released maps so they could be played earlier.)

And @ the chosen ones: I what I played of it (First Three Chapters, Ran out of time) but the only thing that MAJORLY dicouraged me was the boss fights. They were too bash and drink potion battles, with only minor phases.
These two threads (two of my favorite, but both dead) are VERY good for bossfights.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/single-player-bossfights-134210/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/creating-bossfight-94684/

Level 12
Lord of the CLans is great but can get boring, and I havn't play To the Bitter End. But like I said, I've played most campaigns under the "Campaign" section. Oh yeah and the Chosen ONes, I didn't really like that much

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

How come?, some parts were annoying/sucked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.