• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick ability question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi all, I was just wondering how I would go about creating an ability possessed by a shop type building which can only be cast when a user is within a certain range of the caster :confused: Basically I want the same kind of thing as buying an item from a shop where you must approach the shop first before it becomes available, but with an ability that the actual shop casts rather than an item that it sells you, if you catch my drift :eekani:

I don't know if there's a specific ability I need to base it off (I can't think of any) but the ability needs to have no effect as it's all triggered. I have something which does what I want at the minute, I just want to add the thing so it can only be used when the players' main unit is near it rather than being able to do it from anywhere on the map. :thumbs_up:

Level 17
There are no abilities like that.

You'll have to trigger that. Make a dummy item if the dummy item is sold than fire that ability and remove the dummy item from game. That's the only way, I think.
If you could elaborate more on what kind of ability you want we could be of more help, but I think this much should be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.