• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions about Warcraft Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was Nerzhul forced into making a Blood Pact with Kil'jaeden the Deceiver? (Grom said to Thrall that they gave themselves up willingly on Draenor)
Is Draenor the original homeland of the orcs or did they escape to it after the Dark Portal was destroyed in Azeroth?
How did the orcs encounter the Humans at first time?
How did the Orcish Horde appear? Did they abandon the rest of the orcs and flee in order to live and be freed from the burning legion?
How did Mannoroth and Grom meet at first time?

Level 28
You should read Rise of the Horde. It answers almost all of your questions. Best Warcraft book out there.

I think Ner'zhul was always power hungry so he made deals with Kil'Jaeden. As the leader as he was among orcs, he influenced them to drink Mannoroth's blood, so they would become stronger.

Yes, Draenor is the original homeland. The orcs devastated it because the blood made them crazy and go into war with the Draenei and civil wars amongst orc clans. Medivh contacted Gul'dan, and helped him open the portals. There were promises of a lush new world the orcs could conquer.

The humans first encountered the orcs in the swamps. There were few at first, but more and more came through the portal.

Grom met Mannoroth when he drank from his blood from the pool in Draenor.

Level 6
Grom met Mannoroth when he drank from his blood from the pool in Draenor.
Are you sure it was Mannoroth in Draenor?It as his blood?

In Ashenvale, when he drank Manaroth`s blood, Grommash become red.Prior they become green, or more aggressive at least.Fel magic caused their green skin as far as I know.

Are you sure it was Mannoroth in Draenor?It as his blood?

In Ashenvale, when he drank Manaroth`s blood, Grommash become red.Prior they become green, or more aggressive at least.Fel magic caused their green skin as far as I know.

That's what i'm wondering. When Grom met Mannoroth in Ashenval they already know each other.

Level 17
There is some misconception, "fel magic" is what is in demon's blood that is why demon blood is used for crafting weapons or corrupting conjurers.
They were transformed by fel magic but only because they drank Mannoroth's blood, he was the one sent out to Draenor to corrupt the orcs during the second invasion.
Grom was the first to drink his blood in Draenor that is why he knew him obviously.

Them becoming green as a result would make little sense, since Thrall is green yet he is a direct descendant of Durotan whose clan did not get corrupted.

Either way, there have been many utterly nonsensical retcons since the early games simply because the lore was poorly fleshed out but this is how the official lore stands now. But yeah I think they retconned the green-brown nonsense in warlords of Draenor in a major way.
All orcs were always green in the early games, so was Durotan. He is brown in the new wow expansion all of a sudden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.