• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

questions about the spells used in DotA all stars 6.0...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The following spells are the spells which I want to know how did the author made them. They are used in DotA allstars 6.0....I need them to put it on my map so if you know one of them, kindly tell me how...I have listed also the heroes which have spell in DotA all stars.

SPELL------------>Hero

fissure---------->Earthshaker(tauren)
Epicenter-------->Sand King(scorpion)
Burrow strike---->Sand King
Echo Slam-------->Earthshaker
Scatter Shot----->Dwarven Sniper(rifleman)
Doppelwalk------->Phantom Lancer(it looks like Grom but it have custom skin)

Well for those who dont know DotA allstars 6.0
then I'll describe what is Epicenter which I need badly...

The epicenter is just like Earthquake but once you click the ability..it will start casting it and the ground will start to tremble around the caster which is the Sand King. You will not select which area will be affected by the spell..it will just be automatically casted around the caster.

By the way..this is the link of the map:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=3343

Level 7
fissure---------->If fissure is what I think it is(the one the creates an unwalkable area in front of him?) well judging by the lag created when its cast I would have to say that it just summons several units that look like the stone then after an appropriate time it deletes them

Epicenter-------->There are several ways to do this one. Since it slows I would assume Guinsoo makes it summon dummy units that are invisible and then make them cast a pumped up thunderclap.

Burrow strike---->I don't know as I have never been Crixalis and I almost never see him used

Echo Slam-------->Just a trigger that creates a unit that casts a slam when he casts a spell

Scatter Shot----->This is not even triggered. You could start with Black Arrow bonus or Lightning Orb ability then you just make the spell that is to be cast when the spell hits home.(a spell that hits area of effect of some sort)

Doppelwalk------->Again nothing more than a small trigger that creates a dupe while he casts the spell, this could be achieved once more using dummies that would cast mirror image on him.

Hope that helps you out.

Level 1
Wonder where Guinsoo stole all those spells from. o.o

On topic, burrowstrike, I believe, is done by making the SK invulnerable, turning off pathing for him and ordering him to move to the target area. Meanwhile, a dummy placed at his original position casts impale on the target point.

Or maybe the SK casts the impale.

Scattershot = Inferno, IIRC.

*sigh* oh well, at least topic creator bothered to call it allstars instead of dota.

Status
Not open for further replies.