• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help triggering a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I would like to create a spell similar to Dota's sand king's impale. It is simply the ladder impale spell, but the sand king dissapears when it is cast then reapears where it ends, when it ends.

I don't neccisarily want to use impale either, I will possibly use shockwave if it will work (I dont see why it wont though).

The giver of the correct solution will be granted REP!

Level 17
I think its best to use a custom spell like channel, then create a dummy with impale and order it to "impale" the spell loc. Then use "Move Unit Instantly" in the trigger editor to move the unit instantly to the location of the casted spell.

EX :

• Impale
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Impale
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Target point of ability being cast)
The footmen is your dummy unit with impale, I did not remove leaks, its just an example

Level 15
Events

Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

Conditions

(Ability being cast) Equal to Impale

Actions

Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (Target point of ability being cast)
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Target point of ability being cast)

correction

Events

Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

Conditions

(Ability being cast) Equal to Impale

Actions

Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (Target point of ability being cast)
>>> Play Birth animation
>>> Set animation speed
>>> You might want to add a wait here like 0.01 second wait, to prevent perma no cd casting <<< now this depends, if you want to make a dig effect, a 0.5 seconds delay is appreciated
>>> further more, if you want to force the player to not control the sand king while he dig use a pause here then add a wait after the pause, then unpause after the wait
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Target point of ability being cast)

Status
Not open for further replies.