• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Questions about the bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am trying to make an MORPG if that is possible. Now I saw that there is a bank option that saves an unit into a .xml file in the map. How can I use this? How to load it? How to make it safe? Ive never actually published a map before, so I am really confused and not-knowing of how things work in starcraft 2.
ps. thanks for the help in advance

Last edited:
Heh, DSG, What about this: Map Initialization -> Open Bank (default name is MyBank00) ->Run SetNextBank -> Set BANKNAME(String) = MyBank+NU (Integer to String), -> NU+; , And then run the other trigger that opens the bank again.

Of course, a safety measure "If Bank does not exist, break;"

This is part of the system my project is gonna be using, which passes character data to everyone. I call it Z.E.R.G.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It would always fail as all the names of used banks has to be defined in the one preload file (or so I heard).

You can also transfer so much bank data during map load. If this limit is exceeded it usually causes the players who broke the limit to just crash during loading (hang). This might have been fixed but I have observed no notes on a fix).

Status
Not open for further replies.