• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Import] Questions about editing 1) sound sets and 2) imported models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all,

I'm playing around with making heroes, and I have 2 general questions:

1 - I believe (but please correct me if I'm mistaken) it's not possible to make custom sound sets for units (at least not easily), but it is possible to edit existing ones. I would like to edit the Dryad sound set, with the sole change being that I'd like to remove a few of the lines. Do I simply need to replace the undesirable lines with blank files? Would that result in the unit lip-syncing lines when no sound is playing?

2 - I would like to add an attack sound to the model 'Female Villager Hunter, by BurnedSmackdown.' I would like to add the same sound the rifleman makes upon attacking to this model. Some googling has revealed that what I'm looking for is an inherent part of the model and not something that can be edited via the Object Editor.

I've looked into modeling tutorials, but much of the information available seems to be outdated. For example, I download Magos' Model Viewer and could not even open BurnedSmackdown's model (although it is extremely possible I made a mistake somewhere).

Does anyone here have any up-to-date guides on basic modeling that you could recommend or vouch for?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.