• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question regarding map making and patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello. I have a question. I am going to make a campaign, using WC3 TFT, with the latest patches. However, I am going to send the campaign to a person that has WC3 TFT, but hasn't downloaded the patches, since his internet is temporarily out of order.
Will WC3 maps made in a patched version be compatible with earlier versions, and vice versa?

Level 18
I don't thinks custom maps directly are affected by patches. So you can just make your map and play/edit it on his computer. I believe updates are only Blizzard-info specific, like abilities.
Remember when the Mirror Image ability was useless because everyone including the enemy could see which were ghosts and which were normal? That's been fixed by a patch. I assume such stuff are the only stuff fixed by patches.

Level 4
Okay, so basically, the maps will have the fixes, as long as it is running on a PC that has the patched version of Warcraft 3, and will not have the fixes on PC that don't?

Level 18
Why don't you just take an external hard drive or a USB stick with you when going to your friends house with the manual patch on it? That way, you can just install the patch offline and you've got no worries about this anymore at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.