• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question: Programming sites and softwares, about the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Any reliable programming learning websites beside the w3schools (w3schools.com) and the official Microsoft Visual Studio website pages?
Prolly the game programming as well. Personally, I found there are Unity, Unreal Engine, Blender, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Simple DirectMedia Layer, (SDL; libsdl.org) the softwares I found so far.
Extra: Prolly the programming softwares as well, again.

Note: about the game dev.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
No, NEVER go to YouTube. For anything, ever.
reteraquote01-png.333380

Any reliable programming learning websites beside the w3schools (w3schools.com) and the official Microsoft Visual Studio website pages?
Prolly the game programming as well. Personally, I found there are Unity, Unreal Engine, Blender, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Simple DirectMedia Layer, (SDL; libsdl.org) the softwares I found so far.
Extra: Prolly the programming softwares as well, again.

Note: about the game dev.

Refactoring and Design Patterns is great if you want to learn clean codes (not limited to game development). Unity has Unity - Manual: Unity User Manual (2019.3) for a manual. Pretty sure others have something similar to unity manuals. I'm not sure if Blender here includes modelling, but if so, my friend recommends Blender Guru series to me for starter if that's the case.

Additional Game Development Softwares: Construct 2, Godot Engine, RPG Maker Series.
General Programming Softwares: Anaconda (Python), Codeblock (Multiple language, but best for C/C++)

Level 3
I can recommend the Love2D framework, and Harvard's "CS50 Introduction to Game Development" course that's available for free online.
For contemporary design philosophy you may try Extra Credits on YouTube.

Last edited:
Level 4
I recommended Pluralsight. It is an e-learning website for programmers. The tutorials for what you're interested separated into a different short video of 1-5 minute most, and focused. It has a lot of courses like Unreal Engine, Unity, React, Vue, Direct 3D, etc.

Try to register for a Microsoft Dev account (Before this, you need an outlook account first). You will then be eligible to receive free plural sight account for 1-3 months. I don't know if it's still there, but it's worth the try.

Status
Not open for further replies.