• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] question on specific buff trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Event

Conditions
-(triggering unit) has buff (buff) equal to True
Actions
-set (UNIT) as (matching Unit)
-wait 1 second
-create 1 (dummy) for Player 1 at Position of (UNIT) facing defualt degrees

so i did made this and it didnt work.. waht did i do wrong?? it didnt spawn the dummy :bored:

Level 5
well i didnt put an event because i dont think i need one. theres isnt an event that can go with the buff..
i put (matching unit) because matching unit is for the unit matching the condition as said in world editor.

Level 4
lol,a trigger can't be executed without an event,or without some other trigger calling it.
Matching unit is not used in actions,it's used for checking the conditions in IF commands,so that means you are not allowed to use it the way you are using it and thus your trigger will never work...

Level 7
if your trigger do not have any event, it will not run no matter what condition action bleh~~~ , you have. So you MUST HAVE a event for the trigger to run, when the trigger runs, it check the condition.
Event happens -> Trigger starts to run -> Checks the condition -> If the condition is true, run the action.

Level 6
Like everyone said, here's example trigger.

Events:
Every 1 second of the game
Condition:
Action:
Set Unitgroup - Units with <Buff>
Pick every unit in Unitgroup and do (multiple) actions:
Create 1 (dummy) for Player 1 at Position of (Picked Unit) facing default degrees.
wait 0.5 seconds
destroy unitgroup(I forgot what the function is spelled exactly).

Status
Not open for further replies.