• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question Major Hotkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
My doubt is pretty simple I am doing a map and plan to use custom hotkeys for skills units and so on

and I want to know if there is how to change the hotkeys to MOVE STOP HOLD ATACK
PATROL and ATTACK GROUND

Detail I have World edit Warcraft 3 and Jass NewGen v5d

Level 16
... please, before you create a thread use the search function first...

That is one of the worst solutions you can make .. the search function. I mean okay lets try.
1) What you would type in for searching?
- I tried: "Custom Hotkeys", "Hotkeys" "Change hotkeys" "Change basic hotkeyes" "move hotkey" (and all other basic order types) and so on

2) What advanced search options you use?
- I tried to filter them like Thread based, so I won't get any results from the Art Zone and things like that.

3) What results you get?
- After all the searching I got (minimum) 100 pages of results á 25 thread-results. So at maximum I have to search 2500 threads with (really minimum) 5 posts and now calculate the percent chance you have to find the answer of your problem.

Level 16
Okay first I see the "calculate the percent chance of a match" is ignored, but anyway it's damn low, so yes I prefer double and triple posts of the same topic until it's solved or (as you said) if the post "is like ages ago"-old (which makes it even more difficult to find)

Second in my opinion it's better to have a double post of the same topic, instead of searching how long for a specified post you need to answer your problem.

Third it's is of course! something different, if you ask a question which was solved like a day before. But since this question is solved like how long before, it's totally legit to create a new post about it.

But when you know it, just give us the link to this old post please. Because I didn't know it either.

Level 10
If this is possible (cool didn't know that) the next question would be, how many players like/don't like it, when you overwrite their own normal and/or custom hotkeys they might use for years?

No worries, it will overwrite the hotkeys only for the duration of the game, as would skins or models.
*Just tested it* Working perfectly, here's the file you want to edit and import as "Units\CommandStrings.txt":
CommandStrings

Level 12
No worries, it will overwrite the hotkeys only for the duration of the game, as would skins or models.
*Just tested it* Working perfectly, here's the file you want to edit and import as "Units\CommandStrings.txt":
CommandStrings

hmm

Thanks buddy thanks helped a lot, very much thanks ^ ^

and the other I don't excuse for recreating an old topic

SORRY WILL NO LONGER HAPPEN

I've just done the test is works perfectly, again thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.