• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Question about the "Custom Script Section"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been wondering if this is possible for some time:

If the "Custom script section" in a map is filled up, I guess you can just create a JASS (or Custom script) trigger in you map, place functions in it and call these functions from triggers below since it all will be placed in the "war3map.j" file.

Am I right :?:

Level 11
The Custom Script section never fills out... But I guess you can. I never tried. However, the Custom Script might be less buggy or atleast it must have some advantages... I believe it is atleast faster to reach since it is in the first place the compiler would try to access.

~Daelin

Level 3
The Custom Script section never fills out... But I guess you can. I never tried. However, the Custom Script might be less buggy or atleast it must have some advantages... I believe it is atleast faster to reach since it is in the first place the compiler would try to access.

I once had a map (I never finished it but that doesn't matter) where I was trying to use Vexorian's Caster System... And for some reason I couldn't get it all to my Custom Script Section without importing the triggers...

But anyways, thanks Daelin.. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.