• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

question about ironforgde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I think I found a model that looks somewhat similar to it, but not exactly. Trust me. I'll try to make every city as accurate as I can; but I'm not working on any Alliance cities at the moment (Stormwind is somewhat, but not a priority) so yeah.

Only cities I'm focusing on are Orgrimmar and soon I'll be working on Thunder Bluff.

Level 18
I wish i could do ironforge but its almost inpossible since you cant create snow mountains and make somthing inside of it and walk in the mountain. so you need to make a special model that looks like a snow mountain and than create an entrance and bla bla bla. so the point is making ironforge is extremly hard :p and btw i loveeeeeeeee thunderbluff :)

Level 25
The current Thunder Bluff we have is a placeholder. I'll be redoing it completely soon, and it'll be accurate. Right now the paths and whatnot on the three bluffs are pretty random. I'll be sure to make it as accurate as possible and scaled better too as I can.

For Ironforge, I'll probably do the entrance and interior of the city two different areas. To make the entrance look like it's in the mountain, I'll make the cliffs arch down in 90 degree angles, basically making them look like walls. To make the mountain visible on top of it, I'll most likely make use of snowman doodads or something and trees!

When you walk past the large Mountain King statue, maybe then I can load the city itself.

Level 4
WELL JUST one question: how do you make your own blp file and use it to terrain like you have done? and plz answer on the tutorial topic that i have sended plz i really need to now
that.

Level 25
Nasrudin, former leader and artist for Wc3:WoW, created the Orgrimmar structures and tileset himself. He used the actual WoW tiles as references, but did not copy & paste or anything like that... in other words, his work is free-hand.

Level 4
where can someone make a tutorial about how to add more maps. a example:

i wanna go inside a doungen and i want to go to an other map+i want my hero to be just like it was when i entered.

so plz make a tutorial or if you guys already have one plz give me the link it whuld mean so much to me and my maps.

Level 4
don't you use this in wc3:wow you can't make 1 map with everything on am i right so how do make so the player can go over to other maps. the same function is in the frozen throne vesion at extra campain where that rexxar guy is.

Level 6
The current Thunder Bluff we have is a placeholder. I'll be redoing it completely soon, and it'll be accurate. Right now the paths and whatnot on the three bluffs are pretty random. I'll be sure to make it as accurate as possible and scaled better too as I can.

For Ironforge, I'll probably do the entrance and interior of the city two different areas. To make the entrance look like it's in the mountain, I'll make the cliffs arch down in 90 degree angles, basically making them look like walls. To make the mountain visible on top of it, I'll most likely make use of snowman doodads or something and trees!

When you walk past the large Mountain King statue, maybe then I can load the city itself.

I heard u can no longer play WoW, and can only use Google images. I can get you some screenshots. Ask me, and I will see what I can do ^^. I have a lvl 76 Blood elf mage though...and don't have an ally character. Eventually I will make an ally, but I won't be able to go to all places since it would be a low lvl, lol.

Level 25
I heard u can no longer play WoW, and can only use Google images. I can get you some screenshots. Ask me, and I will see what I can do ^^. I have a lvl 76 Blood elf mage though...and don't have an ally character. Eventually I will make an ally, but I won't be able to go to all places since it would be a low lvl, lol.

You are correct. I cannot afford another game card to play WoW and use it as a reference when terraining, so I must refer to images and videos on Google and YouTube. I greatly appreciate anyone's assistance in getting video 'tours' of zones and cities as well as a batch of screenshots of whatever I may need. Right now, I really need videos or screenshots of Mulgore, Thunder Bluff, and Orgrimmar. Some of Durotar would be nice too! :grin:

Hope I am not asking for too much. If you don't have Fraps installed, I'm sure you can find a working version that won't take longer than 20 minutes to download at ThePirateBay.org :smile:

Anyway, I'll be working on the terrain again this weekend most likely. I'm currently a little busier with making up homework for school. This weekend I plan on working on Mulgore some more and possibly pushing to finish Orgrimmar a bit more. Cleft of Shadow seems like it's going to be a real pain in the ass to create since it's a pretty tight area and we're missing a couple needed models, but I'll use placeholders and get it over with soon.

Level 6
You are correct. I cannot afford another game card to play WoW and use it as a reference when terraining, so I must refer to images and videos on Google and YouTube. I greatly appreciate anyone's assistance in getting video 'tours' of zones and cities as well as a batch of screenshots of whatever I may need. Right now, I really need videos or screenshots of Mulgore, Thunder Bluff, and Orgrimmar. Some of Durotar would be nice too! :grin:

Hope I am not asking for too much. If you don't have Fraps installed, I'm sure you can find a working version that won't take longer than 20 minutes to download at ThePirateBay.org :smile:

Anyway, I'll be working on the terrain again this weekend most likely. I'm currently a little busier with making up homework for school. This weekend I plan on working on Mulgore some more and possibly pushing to finish Orgrimmar a bit more. Cleft of Shadow seems like it's going to be a real pain in the ass to create since it's a pretty tight area and we're missing a couple needed models, but I'll use placeholders and get it over with soon.

I shall see what I can do :p. Anything to help the wc3:WoW community. Your not asking too much at all. I will use my hypercam ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.