• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about Human Towers {as doodads}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, got a quick question to ask. When i make a doodad with the human tower model ( guard tower, sentry tower, cannon tower etc ... )

But is there a way to stop it from switching back and forth between the cannon tower model and the guard tower model?

Thanks in advance!

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Yeah the is a way!..
..no there is not!

No doodad will ever become normal guard tower, and even more, there is no way for stopping that issue if you are using ANY model with animation flags.
Units have field called Art - Required Animation Names. If you can see, human towers got it filled with some strings like: 'upgrade first', 'upgrade second'. The problem is that doodad do not have such things (such field).

However, it's not hard to make 'doodad like' tower since you can create new unit, add it Locust ability and your doodad is made. If you will have problems with it or you cant find Locust ability feel free to ask.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Yeah, I forgot about that. I was using that only for birth and death animation for effects as doodad..
But unit with locust still works and it's always save because now you can create doodad via triggers after certain events if you wish to ;>

EDIT: Animation string can't be 'stand ready attack' since it still does not refer to any upgrade tower type.
It's best to write:
-'stand upgrade first' for guard tower
-'stand upgrade second' for cannon tower
-'stand upgrade third' for magic tower

'Stand ready attack' fits only for scout tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.