• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling a castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

I'm currently working on the outerwalls of a castle. So we all know castle walls have 2 significant parts: ramparts and turrets.

For the wall itself, I ahve chosen the model file stone wall from Icecrown Glacier tileset and scaled it 4.0X

For the turrets I've chosen the Human turret model file (by copying directly from the turret unit, which ends up as [Arcane tower,Cannon tower, Guard tower, Scout tower] model file.

SO 2 problems here.

The wall would be a doodad scaled large with zero pathing, which I fixed using pathing blockers. But, how do I make it walkable on TOP of the wals?
(Not a necessary part, if it can't be done thats alright)

2nd issue:
Using the [Arcane tower,Cannon tower, Guard tower, Scout tower] model file causes the doodad to alternate between Cannon Tower and Scout tower in game. o.0 So is there a way to fix it? o.o (Maybe through trigger freeze unit animation? :/)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The wall would be a doodad scaled large with zero pathing, which I fixed using pathing blockers. But, how do I make it walkable on TOP of the wals?
The same way units walk onto of bridges. Make them destructables with the walkable flag on. Then custom edit the pathing under them to match the areas you want to be walkable.

Using the [Arcane tower,Cannon tower, Guard tower, Scout tower] model file causes the doodad to alternate between Cannon Tower and Scout tower in game. o.0 So is there a way to fix it? o.o (Maybe through trigger freeze unit animation? :/)
If it allows the animation name restriction like units do then yes otherwise no. Check how the demonhunter / towers / Castle is implimented.

Level 2
The same way units walk onto of bridges. Make them destructables with the walkable flag on. Then custom edit the pathing under them to match the areas you want to be walkable.

If it allows the animation name restriction like units do then yes otherwise no. Check how the demonhunter / towers / Castle is implimented.

Ah I see. Thank you.

For the second one i'm pretty sure it's no, since unit's mode file is controlled by upgrade paths. Maybe I'll just put a unit there instead of a doodad.

Status
Not open for further replies.