• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Question about Game Cache triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a question about Game Cache triggers, is it possible to use it for multible players? I want to create a scoreboard in the game were everyone loads his own score into the score board. And when playing the score will be changed again (by dying, killing etc.). And afcourse at the end of the game, everyone saves his own score again in his game cache.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Impossiable, like 1000s of people have said before this topic, you can not save/load gamechaches in multiplayer. You can use them in multiplayer (thats how handlevars or similar systems work) but as soon as the game ends all data stored in them is lost and there is nothing you can do to store it. I think blizzard did not let them work in multiplayer because people could use them to take up extreme HDD space via usless leaking trigger, hack them with cache hack programs or cause major bugs by other maps / people putting data in them that makes no sense to the map that will use the cache. So it is good in a way that they did not let them be used to store data.

Also it is completly obvious that it is not possiable since if people could, they would not make these complex code generators to store stuff like most RPGs have.

I recomend you use the standard code genertor system like most people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.