• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about First War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Bleeding Hollow and Twilight Hammer attacked Stormwind during First War and failed. For there it was all Blackrock fighting humans at Swamps of Sorrows, destroying Stormwind and raiding the towns and villages, right? But what were Bleeding Hollow and Twilight Hammer and their respective leaders doing for the rest of the war?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
But what were Bleeding Hollow and Twilight Hammer and their respective leaders doing for the rest of the war?
After they failed, the orcs hid in the swamps near the Portal. The two clans turned against each other blaming one another for their defeat against the humans. So, Gul'dan (of the Shadow Council and the Stormreaver Clan) sought to unify the clans under a leader, Blackhand the Destroyer, a power hungry appreciated warrior which soon would become Gul'dan's puppet through blackmail and bribes.
Then, King Llane's death followed at the hands of Garona, Gul'dan's agent and the warlock's search for the Tomb of Sargeras at Medivh's tease began.
The orcs suffered more infighting as Orgrimm Doomhammer (of the Blackrock Clan) took control of the horde by killing Blackhand.

Of course, these were later put into Warcraft II. The first game did not have factions.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

So technically there were no clans, just the united Horde when Blackhand took control?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
So technically there were no clans, just the united Horde when Blackhand took control?
In Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, they were not named. There is only mention of the Orcish clans and the Warlock clan. The Shadow Council and Garona are mentioned. However, Gul'dan is not. There is no info about Blackhand being manipulated.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Reading this I wonder is Blizzard working on a Warcraft movie II.

I honestly can't remember if they were talking about a sequal.

In Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, they were not named. There is only mention of the Orcish clans and the Warlock clan. The Shadow Council and Garona are mentioned. However, Gul'dan is not. There is no info about Blackhand being manipulated.

That's interesting. I wanted to make a campaign based solely on lore available in the first game, but it may turn out too bare-bones if Lothar, Garona and Blackhand are the only characters. Anyway, thanks for the info.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I wanted to make a campaign based solely on lore available in the first game, but it may turn out too bare-bones if Lothar, Garona and Blackhand are the only characters.
Well, there's also King Wrynn (dead by the game's timeline), Lady Varia (also dead, I guess), King Llane (his parents are the ones mentioned before him), Medivh, the Conjurer (Medivh's father), the traveller (his mother) and Thok (one of the first orcs to get to Azeroth :D).

Who is stopping you to only consider the first Warcraft? The second is more in depth and hasn't got many retcons.

EDIT: oh yeah, forgot about Turok and Griselda.

Last edited:

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Who is stopping you to only consider the first Warcraft? The second is more in depth and hasn't got many retcons.

I wanted the original story without retcons, but I may reconsider that. I'll also tell the story though human perspective, and Horde has more interesting characters in that period. If I don't stick with the original story, I could include characters like Cho'gall and Kilrog, but what's the point. They wouldn't appear in any of the missions, and I could only show them in a cinematic or two. I'll read the Warcraft II manual you sent me and decide after.

Status
Not open for further replies.