• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

General Map of the First War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Been working on a general map of the first war based on the original map, as well the geography and mission descriptions from Orcs & Humans then putting it all on a map of the same region from World of Warcraft so to use the newest geography.

These are my results after several revisions over the past day and night.
attachment.php

There are a few differences from how the map is now and from how I read it, where Stonard is today seems to me to be where Kyross is supposed to be; in the Swamp of Sorrows while Stonard and Rockard are in the Black Morass ( the modern day Blasted Lands ). Also in the two missions both named Sunnyglade, there are geographical differences. One seems to place the town in north-eastern Elwynn Forest and the other, in Redridge Mountains on the lake. So from that I concluded that Sunnyglade to be near where the Eastvale Logging Camp is today and the second Sunnyglade is in fact Lakeshire ( which on my map is shown under the territory of the Horde before it was retaken and rebuilt by Azeroth ) I added the town of Raven Hill to the map as well since in my view, it is likely to have been around for some time before its recent abandonment.

Any advice as to what should be what and where and maybe what to add that I left out would be very helpful indeed. *CaffeineMonkey

Attachments

• firstwar-map.gif
    firstwar-map.gif
    172.5 KB · Views: 18,094
Level 6
Looks cool to me. I can't believe the amount of time you put into that. Great job. I like how you combined the WoW maps with the Warcraft 1 descriptions. That gives it an old-school feel. :) Kinda makes me want to play War1 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.