• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with finding custom maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okay. im relatively new to Warcraft 3 and I know this may make me seem old fashioned but hear me out. My favorite missions in Starcraft or Warcraft are missions where you begin with either a set number of units or a prebuilt base and must figure out how to overcome the defenses of the enemy stronghold which is usually heavily guarded. Examples are "Where Wind Riders Dare" in Warcraft 3, "Birds of War" in Starcraft Brood War or "Tyrs Hand" in Warcraft 2. I really want to play more of these kinds of missions in Warcraft 3 but i cannot seem to find any custom ones in the hive workshop. I don't know if im looking in the wrong place or what but I would really appreciate it if someone were to direct me where to go to find maps like these. And i am NOT talking about melee maps. Im talking about standalone scenarios that challenge you to overcome enemy defenses where the objective is simply to destroy all enemy bases.

Level 1
Legends of Arkain has some maps with complex siege challenges if memory serves right. Some custom campaigns also covered missions with such characteristics.
Arkain huh? Well now that custom campaigns are coming back i will look into it. I dont really like missions where you control a single unit for an extended period of time. I like building bases and strategizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.