• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Quest Problem and Dungen

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a problem with my quest i can get it and compleat it but player 2 cant i dont know why here is the trigger
  • Kill Spider Quest Setup
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of Bob (Male) 0049 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • KillSpiderQuestString[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to notstarted
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Kill the spiders Qu...
          • Quest - Create a Required quest titled (Kill The Spiders + (( + ((Name of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + )))) with the description Those Spiders keep ..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
          • Set KillSpidersQuest[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created quest)
          • Set QuestSpiderCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 0
          • Set KillSpiderQuestString[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = started
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • KillSpiderQuestString[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to done
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Add 300 experience to (Triggering unit), Show level-up graphics
              • Player - Add 200 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
              • Quest - Destroy KillSpidersQuest[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
              • Set KillSpiderQuestString[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = notstarted
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Quest Completed
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: You already have th...
  • Kill Spider Quest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Spider
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • KillSpiderQuestString[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] Equal to started
        • Then - Actions
          • Set QuestSpiderCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing Unit)))] = (QuestSpiderCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing Unit)))] + 1)
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Killing unit)))) the text: ((String(QuestSpiderCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing Unit)))])) + /5)
            • If - Conditions
              • QuestSpiderCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing)))] Greater than or equal to 5
            • Then - Actions
              • Set KillSpiderQuestString[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = done
              • Quest - Mark KillSpidersQuest[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] as Completed
              • Quest - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Killing unit)))) the Quest Completed message: Come back to me now
              • Set QuestSpiderCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing Unit)))] = 0
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
and for the dungen i want to make it like twilights eve were only one group can enter i have the out and enter but units can keep entering in even if players are i have not attepted this because i dont know were to start
+ rep to whoever helps me

Last edited:
Level 17
Does it work if player 1 does it, then finishes, then player 2 gets it, and finishes it. Or is it when both of them get it, and they both finish it, but only red can turn it in?

Edit: Okay initially turn off the second trigger, then have a line in the first one stating that you turn on the trigger. See if that does anything.

i will have a look through it
@infinateanswers that wont realy work becaus the second trigger runs only if the quest is started for tha play yes it works fine for player one but nit for player 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Edit: i hade a look through the quest thing and it looks like mine should work but i use string to see if the quest is started ir done would that make a diffrence?

Level 15
" Set QuestSpiderCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 0"

This line is a bit uncomfortable... Your trigger can make weird things... I think you should add an "if" to it requesting that QuestSpiderCount is less than 5, and put that trigger I told you to the first triggers end.

I found it!
Set QuestSpiderCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (QuestSpiderCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)

Replace "owner of triggering unit" with "owner of killing unit"-triggering unit=spider :) There is 4 error like this in the 2nd trigger. Good luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.