• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Quest Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm making a map with four quests, two that you start out with, and two that you get as you go along. I can't seem to get it to where the other two quests are obtainable. This is the first time I've ever tried to make quests, so it's probably that I did something wrong with the triggers. Here is what I have for the triggers for all the quests.

Quest 1:

• Events
    • Map initialization
  • Actions
    • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: Warglaives of Azzin...
    • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Retreaving your Wea... with the description Find and kill Artig..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNWarglaive_of_Azzinoth.blp
    • Quest - Create a quest requirement for (Last created quest) with the description Find both of your w...
    • Trigger - Turn on Quest1 Pings <gen>
Quest 1 Complete:

• Events
    • Unit - Dreadlord 0048 <gen> Dies
  • Actions
    • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Completed message: Warglaives of Azzin...
    • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Completed
    • Trigger - Turn off Quest1 Pings <gen>
Quest 2 is exactly the same, just a different unit is killed.

Quest 3:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • And - All (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • Dreadlord 0048 <gen> Equal to (Revivable Hero)
        • Death Knight 0021 <gen> Equal to (Revivable Hero)
  • Actions
    • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: Gaining Entry
    • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Gaining Entry with the description Find and kill Artig..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroDeathKnight.blp
    • Quest - Create a quest requirement for (Last created quest) with the description Kill all of Artigal...
    • Unit - Add Metamorphosis to Ragerunner 0001 <gen>
    • Trigger - Turn on Quest3 Pings <gen>
Quest 3 Complete:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
      • Conditions
        • Aldagor 0006 <gen> Equal to (Revivable Hero)
        • Crypt Lord 0009 <gen> Equal to (Revivable Hero)
        • Lich 0080 <gen> Equal to (Revivable Hero)
        • Death Knight 0083 <gen> Equal to (Revivable Hero)
  • Actions
    • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Completed message: Gaining Entry: Comp...
    • Trigger - Turn off Quest3 Pings <gen>
    • Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Horizontal) 1980 <gen>
    • Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Horizontal) 1991 <gen>
    • Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Vertical) 1984 <gen>
    • Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Vertical) 1988 <gen>
    • Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Horizontal) 1981 <gen>
    • Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Horizontal) 1990 <gen>
    • Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Vertical) 1987 <gen>
    • Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Vertical) 1989 <gen>
    • Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: All the doors surro...
    • Wait 2.50 seconds
    • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Artigalor 0098 <gen> named Artigalor: Play No sound and display Come now Ragerunner.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
Quest 4:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
      • Conditions
        • Aldagor 0006 <gen> Equal to (Revivable Hero)
        • Crypt Lord 0009 <gen> Equal to (Revivable Hero)
        • Lich 0080 <gen> Equal to (Revivable Hero)
        • Death Knight 0083 <gen> Equal to (Revivable Hero)
  • Actions
    • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: Kill Artigalor
    • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Kill Artigalor with the description The time has finall..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNArchimonde.blp
    • Quest - Create a quest requirement for (Last created quest) with the description Kill Artigalor.
Quest 4 Complete:

• Events
    • Unit - Artigalor 0098 <gen> Dies
  • Actions
    • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Completed message: Kill Artigalor: Com...
    • Trigger - Turn off Quest4 Ping <gen>
Sorry about the extra longness of this post, just I don't know how to compact it. But if someone could please help me with what I did wrong, it will be greatly appreciated, and I will give +rep to anyone who helps.

Level 37
So your quests 3&4 won't get discovered?

I think where it fails is the conditions.

<Revivable Hero> refers to a single unit, you however have two or more units at the conditions.

<Revivable Hero> is a single unit, it can't be a Dreadlord and a Death Knight at the same time.

What kind of a condition are you trying to create?

Level 5
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that...so is this what you meant?

• Conditions
      • Conditions
        • (Ragerunner 0001 <gen> is A Hero) Equal to (Dreadlord 0048 <gen> is dead)
        • (Ragerunner 0001 <gen> is A Hero) Equal to (Death Knight 0021 <gen> is dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.