• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

QM Tall Tree small pack

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hi everyone, the trees are here. It's not a perfect model but fits in lots of environments.
It's animated for chopping and melee game, feel free to use it.

One thing I have to mention is this model is made specifically for destructible trees, please follow the tree process to import it:

how to import tree - 知乎
this is the video, sorry for the noise.

First: IMPORTANT
After download models, change the texture name to:
camp_diffuse
camp_normal
camp_orm
they used the very same texture, just leave the rest.

Due to the hive submit policy I can't do it on my end, sorry for the trouble.

Second, import textures with no path:
eg:
camp_diffuse.dds
camp_normal.dds
camp_orm.dds

import model whatever way you want
eg:
war3imported\tree0.mdx
war3imported\tree1.mdx

then, find a tree destructible.

model:
war3imported\tree.mdx

replace texture
camp

how many types

AND LEAVE TEXTURE ID UNCHANGED

Tell me if it won't work. cheers.
Previews
Contents

camptreemelee0 (Model)

camptreemelee1 (Model)

camptreemelee2 (Model)

camptreemelee3 (Model)

Level 14
Godsent

So after trying to test these out I cant seem to get it to work. These are the settings I've tried and the results I've gotten. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. And, maybe screenshots of your settings / asset manager file paths would be most helpful to get rid of any translation misunderstandings - no shade.

upload_2021-2-14_21-25-20.png upload_2021-2-14_21-25-30.png upload_2021-2-14_21-21-20.png upload_2021-2-14_21-21-57.png

Last edited:
Level 9
Fantastic. Have any trees in stock from Outland? lol Like Terrokar Forest style and dead ones? I've always wanted to expand beyond the Hellfire Peninsula but in the WC3 era before BC. Lot of stuff to play with there.

Last edited:

jixed

Hosted Project: QM
Level 8
Godsent

So after trying to test these out I cant seem to get it to work. These are the settings I've tried and the results I've gotten. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. And, maybe screenshots of your settings / asset manager file paths would be most helpful to get rid of any translation misunderstandings - no shade.

View attachment 373634 View attachment 373635 View attachment 373632 View attachment 373633

I rechecked what happened, and here is something to follow.
1, to fix your current problem, you can just set texture ID as default but not one, it should work.

2, to get a better result, you might have to do a little editing:

After download models, change the texture name to:
camp_diffuse
camp_normal
camp_orm
they used the very same texture, just leave the rest.
Due to the hive submit policy, I can't keep this file name, sorry for that.

upload_2021-2-15_1-9-53.png

leave ID as default.

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-15_0-28-18.png
    upload_2021-2-15_0-28-18.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 144
  • upload_2021-2-15_0-41-45.png
    upload_2021-2-15_0-41-45.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 141
Level 4
Man, the wonderful scenery was no longer enough, I know that more and more Q.M. is approaching fantastic realism, but these models in motion, together with the graphics in this quality, we have a WC3 with a landscape that is finally more authentic for 21st century games.
Thank you, continue!

You can add Video Gifs to better illustrate models in motion.
Suggestion ... use this site to create Gifs using videos from your PC: www.ezgif.com

jixed

Hosted Project: QM
Level 8
Man, the wonderful scenery was no longer enough, I know that more and more Q.M. is approaching fantastic realism, but these models in motion, together with the graphics in this quality, we have a WC3 with a landscape that is finally more authentic for 21st century games.
Thank you, continue!

You can add Video Gifs to better illustrate models in motion.
Suggestion ... use this site to create Gifs using videos from your PC: www.ezgif.com
THANKS a lot :D, this gif site is pretty good.

eejin

Tool Moderator
Level 12
I had to try different replaceable IDs to get the tree to display properly. Replaceable ID 31 worked for me.

Could you update the bundle to also include the texture for the fall trees with the brown leaves? Perhaps then you could also rename the files so fewer steps are needed. It also seems like you've included the textures 4 times instead of only once which makes the download way bigger. I do love how the trees look, they will be perfect for my map.

Last edited:
Level 5
Amazing Models. Well done.

I unfortunately can't get them to work. :sad:

Has anyone else had succes? And if so, what were your exact steps?

EDIT:

Got it to work with the following steps:

• Used Cityscape Tree as base for custom destructible.
  • Model File: war3mapImported\camptreemelee0/1/2/3.mdl
  • Model File - Variations: 1
  • Replaceable Texture File: camp
  • Replaceable Texture ID: 31

Last edited: