• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pyramid Escape v3.5

FriendlyWarlord Presents

Pyramid Escape
Created by FriendlyWarlord

Map Info:

Complete up to 34 challenges to escape the pyramid!

Features:

- Up to 10 player cooperative play
- 34 unique and diverse challenges
(AoS, TD, Team Survival, and Many More...)
- The most challenges of any Pyramid Escape

Change Log:

v3.5

- Added 1 new mini-game [Sorcerer's Wrath]
- Added Difficulty Selection (# of Lives)

v3.4

- Added 1 new mini-game [Frozen Chamber]
- Fixed numerous errors caused by 3.3

v3.3b/c/d

- Fixed an error with spiders not spawning in Spider's Nest
- Fixed an error where the Dark Altar could attack into the Ice Core
- Fixed an error where orbs weren't spawning in Magic Defense
- Fixed an error where Bridge of Frost ice blast creators were despawning when the Ice Core was completed
- Fixed a visibility issue with Bridge of Frost

v3.3

- Added 1 new mini-game [Shifting Chamber]
- Extended the area of the Ancient Relic
- Minor model and spell/buff description changes

v3.2

- Added 3 new mini-games

v3.1

- Added 2 new mini-games

v3.0 {Updated from 1.20}

- Added 5 new mini-games
- Changed the layout of the starting room
(newer games on the left / older on the right)
- Changed the "quest" log
(seperates newer / older games by column and difficulty by "quest")

Credits:

A special "thanks" to Raffles for persuading me to return to this map to improve upon some of the less-than-perfect mini-games and add new ones of my own.

Thanks to all the players who have supported this game throughout the years.

Author's notes:

This map is unprotected. Feel free to continue to edit and add games to PE that will proudly continue its legacy, as this will likely be the last version I release.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-

Keywords:
escape, pyramid, mini-game
Contents

Pyramid Escape v3.5 (Map)

Reviews
22:56, 17th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected until updated Lacking description: Template Contact Me Status: Approved
Level 16
It feel great to meet the creator of pyramid escape here! :O
talking and updating..!

Me and my friends enjoy the laugh we had with this game so much, thanks for making it!

I wanted to thank you for every fun we had there :p

even now we are still playing it sometimes.

its a really unique concept, i love this game!

Level 2
It feel great to meet the creator of pyramid escape here! :O
talking and updating..!

Me and my friends enjoy the laugh we had with this game so much, thanks for making it!

I wanted to thank you for every fun we had there :p

even now we are still playing it sometimes.

its a really unique concept, i love this game!
Thank you. It's always great to hear that a creation of yours has given a positive experience to those that play it.

Oh nice FW, will look forward to try it out :)
Also, are you working with JASS or GUI?
Although this question was asked a long while back, I use GUI.

Level 1
i would like to report some bugs
on the traps, when reviving humans appear at the second block of traps. luckily there were no traps there, but if there was a trap all would have been dead.

also the bombs where you have to make way to get out, its a little hard to click the correct bush, and the area where the bombs spawn, should be smaller. also people can block each other, please take care of that.

i had some other suggestions, i can't think of them right now

just watch the replay
here's the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?thho72i1fddukpa

oh and at the end, blue says he cant move, i dont know why.

Level 2
Version 3.4 is now out! Unfortunately, it's more of a bug fix version than anything. I did decide to add a new challenge in called the Frozen Chamber; think of it as Boulder Dash on steroids.

You do not protect the Captain but the Light Warrior. And how can everyone be a captain?
I decided to change this and now all player-characters are "Fighters" to fit with the hero-name themes in Tome Battle and Team Survival.

i would like to report some bugs
on the traps, when reviving humans appear at the second block of traps. luckily there were no traps there, but if there was a trap all would have been dead.
This has been fixed.

also the bombs where you have to make way to get out, its a little hard to click the correct bush, and the area where the bombs spawn, should be smaller. also people can block each other, please take care of that.
The bushes are now easier to click on.
The large area is needed for the whack-a-mole effect of attempting to get bombs. Any smaller and it would be too easy.
I lowered the collision size on characters. It should feel less constricting.

Level 1
just a suggestion

i would really like the boulder rampage back from v1.42, its a really good mini game

EDIT:
and now some bugs
first there is a bug with the blades, in blade labyrinth, they suddenly became invisible
then we have the labyrinth with the quicksand and the worms, they don't move, but keep attacking at one place

here is the replay
http://www.mediafire.com/?6h1l6o6qzgozpa9

i just played this version once, i will give it another go tomorrow and will reply back if i find anything else

and another thing, can u re-add the intro from v1.42 too :) i just love the intro

and maybe you can put a menu where the host (red player) can choose how many lives to have (10 lives, easy ;; 7, normal ;; 5, hard)

Last edited:
Level 1
played the map a lot and found some glitches

the zombies at the final challenge are named 'explorer'

there is a type mistake in the quiz of death
should be "You must collect 1500 gold in 2.5 minutes"

sometimes a bug occurs with Spiders nest, it just skips the challenge, all the spiders explode and the portal opens
first time i experienced this was when playing in single player game, i thought it could be that i used cheats like greedisgood whosyourdaddy and others.
But today it happened in LAN.
here's the replay in LAN

i have a question too,
what will be with the things i suggested 2 weeks ago, and
whats with the 'lost soul' game, the barricades explode making a lot of damage

Last edited:
Level 2
Unfortunately, I have had little time to work on this map as of late. However, I do hear your concerns.

neserinemocaj said:
just a suggestion

i would really like the boulder rampage back from v1.42, its a really good mini game
I felt that Boulder Rampage was too similar to Blade Labyrinth. In the future, I may add a secondary version of Blade Labyrinth that plays like Rampage.

When the Labyrinth game comes up, you would get 1 of the 2 versions to play. It would add a sense of refresh to an older game.

neserinemocaj said:
and another thing, can u re-add the intro from v1.42 too :) i just love the intro
I'm not going to re-add it. It really didn't add anything to the game.

The Shifting Chamber was created to fill the gap of those who miss the intro (elevators and switches that open doors).

neserinemocaj said:
and maybe you can put a menu where the host (red player) can choose how many lives to have (10 lives, easy ;; 7, normal ;; 5, hard)
I'm actually working on something like this.

In the first room (where you fall into the Pyramid), you will vote for 10, 8, or 6 (or maybe 1, as well) lives and the door will then open.

neserinemocaj said:
They are meant to be called "Explorers." They are those who have died while originally exploring the pyramid.

neserinemocaj said:
there is a type mistake in the quiz of death
should be "You must collect 1500 gold in 2.5 minutes"
Corrected in the current version I'm working on.

neserinemocaj said:
sometimes a bug occurs with Spiders nest, it just skips the challenge, all the spiders explode and the portal opens
first time i experienced this was when playing in single player game, i thought it could be that i used cheats like greedisgood whosyourdaddy and others.
But today it happened in LAN.
here's the replay in LAN
Hopefully fixed in the current version I'm working on.

neserinemocaj said:
i have a question too,

whats with the 'lost soul' game, the barricades explode making a lot of damage
That's how it's meant to play. If you stand too close to a building being hit by a soul, you'll be hit for the aoe damage that they produce.

neserinemocaj said:
and now some bugs
first there is a bug with the blades, in blade labyrinth, they suddenly became invisible
then we have the labyrinth with the quicksand and the worms, they don't move, but keep attacking at one place
I couldn't reproduce these bugs. Sometimes I think the maps just don't want to cooperate.

Level 2
Version 3.5 is now out! There are two new additions to the game:

First and foremost is the new challenge, Sorcerer's Wrath. I drew inspiration for this from "Missile Command." You have to hit incoming fireballs spawned from two moving orbs with an Inferno-based spell before they reach a stash of treasure.

Second is the new difficulty selection. And in this case, difficulty means the amount of lives you get. In the starting room (after you wake up from that nasty fall), you'll notice three levers. Like the door in previous versions, you destroy the lever corresponding to the difficulty you want.

Enjoy!

Level 5
The the Quicksand pit still bugged, the worms often standing on the path and playing attack animation only... THe LOst souls still impossible , the barricades are destoyed by 2 deathcoils only, my record was i dodged coils for 40 secs...
And the overgrown impossible, never won that mini game and lost souls one. And I detect other bugg: in the blade labirinth mini game sometimes if a player damaged, all blades going to invisible... And please check camera actions in victory ending, sometimes some slots' cam stucked in darkness and could't move and can't change camera's view.

Otherwise the map is awesome and made me nice entertraining.
Thank you!

Level 5
Here is a very recent (played yesterday) gameplay video by my favorite WC3 YouTuber, WTii1‎:

Level 4
is the 3.5 last genuine version updated by Friendly Warlord himself? there are tons of 4.+ versions I'm seeing, and there is one just called "Final"