• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Puzzle Hints, Help & Solutions Thread

Level 2
  • To get to the cloak you need explosives. There's a key hidden at the table just before you reach Harris that unlocks a rolling stone door opposite side of the entrance to Waterworks.

• Crucifix is only used for Zerash. You can safely throw it away afterwards.

• You need an item that makes you immune to magical fire. Check near the Zul'tar Forest for a puzzle and solve that.

• Both tokens are random drops.
1º Rightttt, the rolling stone of first dung xd / 2º oh~ no more mindblow to me / 3º done thanks / 4º For me, Ysera always is in the first door of Feric's Key.

I think one of the Dragon token is in a fixed place, behind a door requiring fedric's key.
Yep, Ysera's token at least for me, always there. That's why i suppose the second isn't random. also the text says "left the tokens in kalisea"

Ehmmm what else... 3 questions more.
¿Queen's scepter dont have a second use anymore? other than kill a spicific someone?

¿This is really something or it's part of the bookshelf sunken history?
036c7LaxWpQSg0Jq7LhWHucDL6AnBRDpruSHIfq1ucApa7QXO9y7-MAX9TtfRQ1yQW81h37-q3Go9MyNVqV1=w1600-h748

What's up or how meet this brothas?
VZDnuaCtOh-CuWW2VAK0tCDZ0QL0x5WuWJkmmpX4n5G4z64jkunFFnjJX7zr315Gfp4HduHEenycgUE3yKuB=w1600-h748

Last edited:
Level 2
can i ask where is the Head of the hammer? i already have a other part
May you refer to the HEAD OF THE TITAN? you need the blood of a great king and spread it in his tomb, you will need defeat a BIG dead force to access it.

Last edited:
Level 9
Guys, whats the Void Sphere and the Light Prism do?

Edit: oh and also the Nightspring Well too, how do I do with that?

Last edited:
Level 2
A few answers:

I am pretty sure that one of the dragon's tokens is a fixed drop from the chest behind the door using Fedric's key. At least I got one of the two there every time I went there, but which one you get is not fixed. To improve your odds of getting the other one, I suggest you increase your magic find as much as you can before looting chests in the Queen's Tomb. It is still not guaranteed however to get the correct one or even one to begin with.

The Queen's Scepter doesn't have a specific use besides helping that one character. It might be a useful item for some heroes to keep though.

I found no use for the spot saying "Something important was placed here...", I guess it is simply fluff.

I have no idea how one is supposed to reach those characters, they may be leftovers from earlier versions.

The Void Sphere is useful for only one hero. Maybe you encountered a character along your adventure asking for very specific aide.

The Light Prism's tool tip has a peculiar series of letters, maybe you came across a location where these could mean something? Just how did you get the Prism in the first place?!

The Nightspring Well holds water that is very beneficial to trees. You will need to find some container to carry it though. Do make sure to check every book on the shelves, including the ancient ones. I suggest checking the "Garden" section of the map first.

Level 1
It's a big map and I've been playing it for a while now. in this latest version I could not solve certain things:

1. Is there anything that is done with soft soil?
2. Where is the skeletal key?
3. How do i open the door to enter the kalisean arena?
4. How does the door open, which is close to the Chamber of Atal'ai?

Level 9
1. I don't know.

2. The Key is randomly dropped in the first couple areas, if your run does not have it you should simply restart it.

3. The Arena is in development, thats all I know.

You need a Key of Life to open the secret one, the Heart of Wyrmrest requires 2 Dragonflight Tokens. Oh and the key and 1 of the tokens drop randomly too.

Level 1
i am playing version 2.4.2 and have a hard time finding the titanforged handle can someone give me a clue of where to finde it? i knoe where to get the titanforged head and the elixir to combind the items but just need that handle XD.

Level 1
You need mote of fire that drops the firelord, with that item you can get the titanforged handle ... this is found before entering waterworks

Level 2
i am playing version 2.4.2 and have a hard time finding the titanforged handle can someone give me a clue of where to finde it? i knoe where to get the titanforged head and the elixir to combind the items but just need that handle XD.

Lol, that isn't what it's before the first dungeon? a little before of the 3 witches, you need a item what makes you invulnerable to fire in order to pick it, that item its droped by the lord of fire a lot after.

Level 4
So im either very lucky or unlucky , got 2 Nozdormu tokens one from its usual place and the other when i braved the queen's tomb dungeon. So wanna ask is Ysera's a random drop chance or a chest chance. this is 2 versions back btw.

Attachments

• noz.png
    noz.png
    928 KB · Views: 971

Senneria

Hosted Project: SC
Level 6
So im either very lucky or unlucky , got 2 Nozdormu tokens one from its usual place and the other when i braved the queen's tomb dungeon. So wanna ask is Ysera's a random drop chance or a chest chance. this is 2 versions back btw.

Random drop chance.

Level 1
Near the Alchemist.
Thank you, found it !
I have some more questions:
1. whats up with Shield of the Deathlord ? the chest is blue when dropped on the ground
2. is the gate near Chamber of Atal'ai important ?
3. altar of summoning near the West Wing
4. Sphere of Darkness is used for the Deathlord quest ?
5. how do i dig? :)

Last edited:
Level 2
I don't think the first three things you ask about are of any importance.
The Sphere of Darkness is used for the Dreadlord Quest, but talking to him should give you an important hint towards using it: He only accepts help from a very specific kind of hero!
For digging you will need the appropriate tools. Unless I missed something, there are two spots on the map that can be dug, and two sets of digging tools, with one use each. Neither of the digs are needed to complete the map, but they might give you nice items to help along. The first set of tools is where a treasure hunter might have dropped them, and the second one is near a gate that needs a very shiny and valuable item to open.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Thank you, found it !
I have some more questions:
1. whats up with Shield of the Deathlord ? the chest is blue when dropped on the ground
2. is the gate near Chamber of Atal'ai important ?
3. altar of summoning near the West Wing
4. Sphere of Darkness is used for the Deathlord quest ?
5. how do i dig? :)
5. U need a pickaxe. Where is it? I cant give u hint XD. It should be somewhere that really fit for a pickaxe to appear. You dont need to advance through the map though.

I don't think the first three things you ask about are of any importance.
The Sphere of Darkness is used for the Dreadlord Quest, but talking to him should give you an important hint towards using it: He only accepts help from a very specific kind of hero!
For digging you will need the appropriate tools. Unless I missed something, there are two spots on the map that can be dug, and two sets of digging tools, with one use each. Neither of the digs are needed to complete the map, but they might give you nice items to help along. The first set of tools is where a treasure hunter might have dropped them, and the second one is near a gate that needs a very shiny and valuable item to open.
U havent played new version I assume? Pickaxe has been changed.

Level 2
U havent played new version I assume? Pickaxe has been changed.
True! I didn't notice a new version was released since I checked in here the last time. I'm playing it now, though.
I can't seem to find the pickaxe myself, but maybe I haven't checked a particular dungeon that could hold it thoroughly enough yet.
I also can't seem to find the Essence of Darkness, or a way to get through the gate south of where you need it.

Edit: I thought the pickaxe might have been in the mines, but I couldn't find it there. It also isn't the Pickaxe you can by from the shop. At this point I am completely stumped.

Last edited:
Level 4
welp the naga didnt drop the usual key when killed with the moon bolt, also stuck with the "door that needs power force" , on the lighter note with all this grinding i opened the master's chamber doors :v, yeah i too want to be hinted where the digging apparatus are. :D

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
welp the naga didnt drop the usual key when killed with the moon bolt, also stuck with the "door that needs power force" , on the lighter note with all this grinding i opened the master's chamber doors :v, yeah i too want to be hinted where the digging apparatus are. :D
Are you playing on 2.4.4a?

For that door, if something human cant do, machine will do it for you.

Level 1
True! I didn't notice a new version was released since I checked in here the last time. I'm playing it now, though.
I can't seem to find the pickaxe myself, but maybe I haven't checked a particular dungeon that could hold it thoroughly enough yet.
I also can't seem to find the Essence of Darkness, or a way to get through the gate south of where you need it.

Edit: I thought the pickaxe might have been in the mines, but I couldn't find it there. It also isn't the Pickaxe you can by from the shop. At this point I am completely stumped.

Me too :D

Level 1
Hey! I'm currently stuck in a game, and I would love some help <3
I have found the key to the library, but I cannot get to the library, because there is a huge door in the way! The hint says that the door was destroyed by "something" and not by time. So I'm pretty sure that I need to use explosives, but where can I get some? I've gotten the one in the secret area close to the titan handle, and otherwise I've have just gotten them along the way, but also used them for doors Somebody help please - thank you!

*I have already received a hint that I need something "massive" but I'm still too stupid to figure out what I need :'(

Level 1
Hey! I'm currently stuck in a game, and I would love some help <3
I have found the key to the library, but I cannot get to the library, because there is a huge door in the way! The hint says that the door was destroyed by "something" and not by time. So I'm pretty sure that I need to use explosives, but where can I get some? I've gotten the one in the secret area close to the titan handle, and otherwise I've have just gotten them along the way, but also used them for doors Somebody help please - thank you!

*I have already received a hint that I need something "massive" but I'm still too stupid to figure out what I need :'(

Maybe you can put something large and massive and powerful to use! Hint: nearby

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Can i know the name or will i know once i get it.
2. What is the skeletal key for?

As long as you read the description of the item, u will know what to do with it.

Skeletal Key is for a special room. When you step near the door of that room, it will tell you what key it needs.

Level 1
hello guys! I got explosive, can you please tell where should I put it? I can't find the place.
got one before the Waterworks dungeon

Last edited:
Level 6
hello guys! I got explosive, can you please tell where should I put it? I can't find the place.
got one before the Waterworks dungeon

Explosives are used to demolish rocks, stones, walls. And usually there is a special place where you can interact with such items.

Level 1
I got a Tiara and Orb from the broken golem. Can you please tell where I should go next? All paths are closed, no keys left.
I also got a quest from Nandieb (the 1st one) wich I can't complete cos have no idea where is it.

Level 6
I got a Tiara and Orb from the broken golem. Can you please tell where I should go next? All paths are closed, no keys left.
I also got a quest from Nandieb (the 1st one) wich I can't complete cos have no idea where is it.

The orb will help you take the key to open the next door.
I'll advise you to read carefully all the bookshelves and to use the Inspect option in your hero skill pack. This will help you tremendously to progress further and to enjoy the map to fullest.

Level 1
Hello! How can I get Twin Corridor Key? I need to find some pipes and then after inspect I'll get a mechanism for lever... that's all I know, but I can't see any pipes. How does them look like?

Level 6
Hello! How can I get Twin Corridor Key? I need to find some pipes and then after inspect I'll get a mechanism for lever... that's all I know, but I can't see any pipes. How does them look like?

So, you are telling us that you don't know how a pipe looks like? o_O

They are in the area near the troll village.

Level 1
So, you are telling us that you don't know how a pipe looks like? o_O

They are in the area near the troll village.
Right! Just found it, that was actually pretty hard :p

Thanks for helping me out!

I have another question for you. I found 4 abeliscs, which item can interract with them and where I can find it?
I'm stuck even harder.
I've also found some 'dry dirt'... Any help?

Level 6
Right! Just found it, that was actually pretty hard :p

Thanks for helping me out!

I have another question for you. I found 4 abeliscs, which item can interract with them and where I can find it?
I'm stuck even harder.
I've also found some 'dry dirt'... Any help?

I think you are not reading all the quests, the bookshelves and everything else that is useful to progress.

You can destroy them and you need a shovel for the dry dirt.

Level 6
I think the 4 obelisks he's talking about is the rare boss stuff.

You have a point. I just thought he didn't progress so far.

Help with Essence of Darkness?

And how do I dig the soft soil now? I don't know how in this new version.

You need to progress after the Massive gate near the Library and you'll be fine.

You need a shovel to dig out stuff.

Last edited:

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
I mean how does one acquire a shovel?

Figured out how to get pass the massive gate. When I tried to break it open the first time, it wasn't working. Apparently, I just wasn't doing it in place properly. I was afraid of getting teleported back.
You dont need a shovel to progress anymore.

If you want a hint for it, it's in a place where you should find a pickaxe/shovel in real life.

Level 6
how can I open the ruined gate under a wisp NPC?

Progress a little bit further after the Naga with the towers boss and there is a bookshelf that will give you a hint. Actually, in that area near the boss, you can see the needed key.