• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Puzzle Hints, Help & Solutions Thread

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Over the years I've gotten hundreds of questions that ask about hints, help or solutions to certain puzzles.

I am now going to create this thread where anyone can participate to either ask or answer to people's questions for puzzles in Sunken City. That way we can have a dedicated thread where all anyone is going to talk about is puzzles and how to solve them. As usual, giving hints is preferred over giving straight-up solutions.

Answered Questions:

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi,

im stuck in front of the first gate (south entrance)
After finding the peon in the jungle on the east side of camp, and not being able to enter the dungeon on the west side (lvl 14 required), i think im supposed to enter the south gate.

Hint: an eerie feeling fills you as you approach the entrance which appears to be centuries old.

Me: wuttt?!?

Level 1
So im stuck, lvl 7. Have enterd "the vault", gotten the thing to be able to talk to ghosts. have killed gentulon, cevius and gasret. have no idea where to go?
where is the twin corridor key?
have found 4 runes on the ground but dont know what to do with them?
looking for someone called azune.
inside the vault there is some kind of tree that is suppose to be heald? and a quest giver i cant reach.

Senneria

Level 6
Did you kill the council to the right of the runes? They should drop explosives you need to get past the door after Gentulon.
If you used the explosives from the council in the Vault you need to find a key on a table close to Harris and use that to unlock a different rolling stone door, inside is another set of explosives.

SpasMaster

Level 23
So im stuck, lvl 7. Have enterd "the vault", gotten the thing to be able to talk to ghosts. have killed gentulon, cevius and gasret. have no idea where to go?
Close to the 4 runes on the ground you found, there are 3 bosses that you have to fight altogether (Deathlord, Maiden of Pain and Warlord Bul'thos). Warlord Bul'thos drops an Explosive which can be used at the Massive Ruined Gate east of Gentulon. Iff you already used the Explosive, follow @Senneria's insturctions.
where is the twin corridor key?
have found 4 runes on the ground but dont know what to do with them?
looking for someone called azune.
inside the vault there is some kind of tree that is suppose to be heald? and a quest giver i cant reach.
All of those you will find later in the game.

Level 1
Did you kill the council to the right of the runes? They should drop explosives you need to get past the door after Gentulon.
If you used the explosives from the council in the Vault you need to find a key on a table close to Harris and use that to unlock a different rolling stone door, inside is another set of explosives.

we did kill the councill, we got the explosives and used them inside the vault.
The key we found on the table next to haris we used to open "the Garden"? cant seem to find another key to open a rolling door.

SpasMaster

Level 23
The key we found on the table next to haris we used to open "the Garden"? cant seem to find another key to open a rolling door.
A Bookshelf next to the Arcane Wares shop (close to the Garden) speaks of a key dropped inside of a Well within the Grove. That's what you need. Go to the Arcane Wares shop and inspect the Bookshelf next to him.

Level 1
Hello there,
I have a problem, I already used up explosives, which were hidden behind the rolling door. But I can't find another explosives to open the gate under council. I did kill whole coucil, but didn't get any explosives.. :/ Is there a way to obtain them somewhere else?

SpasMaster

Level 23
Hello there,
I have a problem, I already used up explosives, which were hidden behind the rolling door. But I can't find another explosives to open the gate under council. I did kill whole coucil, but didn't get any explosives.. :/ Is there a way to obtain them somewhere else?

There is no other place. The 'Council' drops one and there is another one behind the rolling gate.

Level 1
Well, I guess I can't progress further since Council didn't drop me explosive
There is not another way to open the "firmly stuck Massive door", is there?

SpasMaster

Level 23
Well, I guess I can't progress further since Council didn't drop me explosive
This boss fight has been in the game for over 3 years. Not once has it ever been seen or heard that the Explosive didn't drop.
I can only assume that Warlord Bul'thos (who drops the explosive) was killed behind a column or an arch that blocks the view to the Explosive, but you are simply not seeing it.
It's impossible for the Explosives not to drop from the boss fight.

Level 2
Having alot of trouble talking to mysterious wanderer. cant seem to get the door open for the life of me, i have looked through previous postings and they all mention a level directly next to the door, but i cant find it. any help appreciated.

Level 2
The lever is on the left of the door behind the centerpiece , try turning the camera, via insert/delete.
I have been to no avail, even with turning the camera, 2 people been looking for an hour. We have every item needed for the legendary quest but we just cant seem to open this door.

Is it possible the lever has been moved in recent versions? I am certain its not on the left of the door :(.

Level 4
I'm having trouble with finding the 3rd ruby, can anyone tell me where it is?
One is behind a pillar, in front of the water works entrance, another behind another pillar at the satyr boss, and the last to the south of the corrupted stone near , which is near the "lost totem" troll quest giver.

Level 2
Someone can help me some more hint for the vault of the titans or suramar wine? I've got the two part of the titan hammer. Titaforged Handle and the Head. What missing? And how can i open the magical pen? Just give some hints please.

Level 4
Having alot of trouble talking to mysterious wanderer. cant seem to get the door open for the life of me, i have looked through previous postings and they all mention a level directly next to the door, but i cant find it. any help appreciated.
The barrier can be broken by a key held by a invulnerable naga between the Azune battle and troll village, killing him will require a weapon that can kill invulnerable.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Someone can help me some more hint for the vault of the titans or suramar wine? I've got the two part of the titan hammer. Titaforged Handle and the Head. What missing?
You need to acquire the Elyrian Elixir (it's purchased from the Troll Village and requires a bunch of components). Once you have the Elyrian Elixir, you can use it to fuse the two parts of the Hammer together.
And how can i open the magical pen? Just give some hints please.
You need to kill Zerash. There is an item that can do that, you probably have it already.

Level 2
You need to acquire the Elyrian Elixir (it's purchased from the Troll Village and requires a bunch of components). Once you have the Elyrian Elixir, you can use it to fuse the two parts of the Hammer together.

You need to kill Zerash. There is an item that can do that, you probably have it already.

Thank you sooo much!!! I have got all things but I could not think kill zerash... :( So very thanks!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Level 1
Can any1 give me a hint where the Corrupted Essence is, I've cleared the map twice now on Solo Heroic Hell and I still can't find it anywhere :/

Senneria

Level 6
It's within a secret location close to the Master's Chamber. Need to look for an opening in the rightside wall.

Level 1
I have the token but I still don't know how to open the left door in the master's chamber and where to find the handle for the anvil. I really enjoy this game, ty spasmaster.

Senneria

Level 6
You need two separate dragon tokens to open the leftmost door - Ysera and Nozdormu.
Rightmost door requires the Key of Life.

Level 2
To the left of the map, there is a Gigantic Door which describe to "lead to another sector of the city". Using the "iseedeadpeople" I can see that beyond that door is a quest-giver on an island. Is this a real mission or just another reference to the prev version?

Level 2
Hi,
  • how enter in the room that give the item to spoke with ghost? i forgot it
  • Crucifix of moonlight: First use in Zerash, ¿where have to use it again? bc don't dissapear.
  • The element forge: ¿how pass to get it? lot time i dont do any of stat items.
  • Ysera/Nozdomu Token: ¿Where get the second one? (know that first its random <even i always get Ysera> )

Senneria

Level 6
Hi,
  • how enter in the room that give the item to spoke with ghost? i forgot it
  • Crucifix of moonlight: First use in Zerash, ¿where have to use it again? bc don't dissapear.
  • The element forge: ¿how pass to get it? lot time i dont do any of stat items.
  • Ysera/Nozdomu Token: ¿Where get the second one? (know that first its random <even i always get Ysera> )
  • To get to the cloak you need explosives. There's a key hidden at the table just before you reach Harris that unlocks a rolling stone door opposite side of the entrance to Waterworks.

• Crucifix is only used for Zerash. You can safely throw it away afterwards.

• You need an item that makes you immune to magical fire. Perhaps the Firelord is linked with it?

• Both tokens are random drops.

Last edited by a moderator: