• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Putting Ads in Custom Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was wondering if Blizzard would allow such things to happen? Does anybody have a link of where Blizzard has officially announced if putting advertisements in custom games is allowed?

Thank You.

Level 5
cookies u ar wrong, how do u expect that selfish blizzard would allow somebody to put advertisements of things that dont belong to blizzard on their maps???

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You can not advertise in SC2 maps as all SC2 maps are owned by blizzard who does not own the copywrite of whatever you are advertising. Thus a cokecola advert violates laws for both coke and blizzard. You can however advertisie blizzard games in SC2 as blizzard owns the writes to them. I would go as far to say that you could probably advertise activision games as well as they are both owned by the same parent publisher.

Level 9
So even putting a message "Please visit my homepage to download the newest version!" will be "illegal"?

This is Battle.net, why would they need to visit a site to download the newest version?

Telling people about a site to visit for the game's forums are obviously not "illegal". I don't understand how you can call it advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.