• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Protect Map and icon problem 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Protect Map and Icon problem

How to protect a map?:goblin_wtf:
And the icon problem,you all can help?Example:
iconproblem.jpg

I use the ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNOverload.blp
with storm skill 3,ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNStormReach.blp at ultimate.
Only skill 1 the Static Remnant work in ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAbility_Druid_CatForm.blp.
What Happen?:goblin_wtf:
P/S:ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAbility_Druid_CatForm.blp and another got put in the Import Files.

wait, where did you set the paths? they should be set on the import manager... and that's it, you wont use them in the OE

you're still supposed to use the BTN and the PASBTN for the icons in your spell...
Here's the general way of importing and using custom icons correctly

Import BTN and DISBTN
Lets say I have an Iconset named BTNICON and DISBTNICON:
Optional - Set BTN to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNICON.blp
Required - Set DISBTN to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNICON.blp

Save map...

Then to use it, just set the icon path of the unit/spell/item/whatever it is that will use the icon to the path of the BTN:
In this case: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNICON.blp

it will automatically use the DISBTN whenever the spell is unsuable (ex. game paused, cannot learn hero ability etc)

Level 13
wait, where did you set the paths? they should be set on the import manager... and that's it, you wont use them in the OE

you're still supposed to use the BTN and the PASBTN for the icons in your spell...
Here's the general way of importing and using custom icons correctly

Import BTN and DISBTN
Lets say I have an Iconset named BTNICON and DISBTNICON:
Optional - Set BTN to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNICON.blp
Required - Set DISBTN to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNICON.blp

Save map...

Then to use it, just set the icon path of the unit/spell/item/whatever it is that will use the icon to the path of the BTN:
In this case: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNICON.blp

it will automatically use the DISBTN whenever the spell is unsuable (ex. game paused, cannot learn hero ability etc)

Wait,it work in StormReach this spell,but the passivebutton of the Overload doesn't work==

I have the ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNStormReach.blp but don't have ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNStormReach.blp this import file,so what i do?import again?My PassiveButton doesn't work also==

every icon file downloaded on hive contains at least a BTN and DISBTN... so be sure to import both of them...

you can use the passive button directly, dont know why it wont work for you,
if you want you can rename it to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNOverload.blp but if you do, do not import the "real" BTNOverload.blp

Level 13
every icon file downloaded on hive contains at least a BTN and DISBTN... so be sure to import both of them...

you can use the passive button directly, dont know why it wont work for you,
if you want you can rename it to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNOverload.blp but if you do, do not import the "real" BTNOverload.blp

Using the PassiveButtons in Overload doesn't work,how to do,it got PASDISBTN and PASBTN,I import areally.

Using the PassiveButtons in Overload doesn't work,how to do,it got PASDISBTN and PASBTN,I import areally.

oh wait, remove them first then save... close editor, reimport, I get errors when replacing imported icons...

then set their paths to

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\PASBTNOverload.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASBTNOverload.blp

Level 13
oh wait, remove them first then save... close editor, reimport, I get errors when replacing imported icons...

then set their paths to

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\PASBTNOverload.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASBTNOverload.blp

zzz,that is passive button==
when i change and start game it turn into green colour,more confused at start==

yes but you can set it to that path... it will not look like a BTN because the file is a PASBTN... you can even use a DISBTN as a BTN... the type of icon that shows does not depend on the path but on the icon file itself...

just use the paths I gave you...

if it wont work, then ur seriously doing something wrong... you can try and send me the map together with the icons and I'll fix it for you...

BTW, have you ever tried reading somewhere below each icon on the icons section?
there is a part there that gives you the correct paths for each icon...

Maybe you base the spell from Normal Unit's spell ?
Go to Object Editor and select Abilities tab
Go to the spell you've created and go to "Art - Icon - Research" and import the path to that particular field

if he actually did that error, I cant believe it.. he managed to make the two other spells show the research icon but not haven't noticed that he set it blank for the other two? Carelessness... ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.