• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Proper way to create and use illusions with triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some future spells, i'll need to use illusions.

Never used them in totally custom spells, so need some informations on what's the best way to create and use illusions in triggers.

(example : the spell creates an illusion of the hero, and this illusion would turn around the hero)

To create them, i know we can use Object Illusion and a Dummy, but to use the illusion in triggers after that, i dunno.

If possible, give GUI solutions.

Level 6
So when the hero uses the ability a mirror image is created and the casting hero turns around 180 degrees?

You can create the unit via triggers and then set a unit variable to last created unit. You can set unit facing with Unit - Make Unit Face Angle :)

Level 6
The difference between a unit and an illusion is that illusion does less damage are slightly tinted for the casting player, have an expiration timer as the water elementals, does no damage and they take more damage.

Create a custom unit based from water elemental and change all the settings and just normally create it :)

The difference between a unit and an illusion is that illusion does less damage are slightly tinted for the casting player, have an expiration timer as the water elementals, does no damage and they take more damage.

Create a custom unit based from water elemental and change all the settings and just normally create it :)
And your differences aren't all true. An illusion can deal the same damages than the normal unit, and take the same damages.
A custom unit based of water elemental won't have an expiration timer. In that case you should add one with triggers.

I want solutions to do it, not solutions to by-pass it.

Level 33
call IssueTargetOrderById(YourDummy, 852274, YourTarget)
The '852274' is the Order ID for casting Wand of Illusion-based ability.
So, add the Wand of Illusion ability to your dummy and just use that function.

Usually, in GUI, you would have to create a dummy, give the dummy the item that has the ability of wand of illusion and order it to cast, seems unefficient compared to functions above, a direct order.

Status
Not open for further replies.