• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illusion System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
The systems around Hive are all required of their own DDS and other libraries. I wanna find out if there is a better way to:
- Create a illusion based on specific unit type, of target unit or caster.
- Detect summoned illusions and give them spells which they can use just like the host, including active and passive spells.
- Force illusions to cast some spells based on order string.

Note: The system should stick to Item Illusion technique without need of outer requirements such as DDS to avoid conflict with other system.

Level 8
Ehmm all you need is a bit complicated, because.
1: Create a illusion based on a specific unit type is posible but has side effects with heroes.
2-3: Can't add spells to illusions, furthermore he can't cast spells. (AFAIK the illusion only copy the passive spells like auras, and items bonuses)

If you want an dinamic Illusion System the DDS is obligatory.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I am not sure how well this would work, but I think it should.

Make a copy of blademaster illusion ability, level 1 = 1 copy, level 3 = 3 copies
Remove effects and casttime etc

add ability to unit of choice
set ability level to desired number of clones
cast ability
remove ability

This is not overly dynamic however.

Status
Not open for further replies.