• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Projectile Model leaving a white square instead of an explosion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have downloaded a rocket model from this workshop and when i view it in the model editor the effects look fine but in game the explosion effect is relpaced with a big, ugly, white square.
is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Level 29
It uses the texture Red_Glow3.blp. This is a base game texture, so you don't need to import it - remove the import from your map and the explosion should look like an explosion again.

The texture uploaded with the model is not the same size as the original Red_Glow3.blp, nor is it red or a glow, because it's plain white.
I am not sure if this is how the model was uploaded, or perhaps it was bundled together later for some reason (e.g. Reforged and mismatched extensions).

Last edited:
Level 4
It uses the texture Red_Glow3.blp. This is a base game texture, so you don't need to import it - remove the import from your map and the explosion should look like an explosion again.

The texture uploaded with the model is not the same size as the original Red_Glow3.blp, nor is it red or a glow, because it's plain white.
I am not sure if this is how the model was uploaded, or perhaps it was bundled together later for some reason (e.g. Reforged and mismatched extensions).
thx, working now

Status
Not open for further replies.